Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension Discuss all wheel related matters

Like Tree14Likes

Old 11-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #31
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLK View Post
As a little footnote for this thread - it was suggested that, this would be a perfect time to protect the newly refurbished wheels, so today I washed them, dried thoroughly, wiped with alcohol, and treated with GTechniq C5:

On a side note, it was reassuring to see MTEC's flagship brake discs able to rust in less than two hours

I'll be going for a 'lets brake a lot' drive tomorrow, to get rid of all that rust.
Very shiney! Aren't they C209 x 4 front wheels? If they are you must park atleast 6feet from the kerb as the faces stick out so much.
MWCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MWCLS For This Useful Post:
GLK (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 11:51 PM   #32
GLK
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: A200 Avantgarde Sports Coupé • C169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWCLS View Post
Very shiney! Aren't they C209 x 4 front wheels? If they are you must park atleast 6feet from the kerb as the faces stick out so much.
Thanks! Everyone was recommending the GTechniq C5, so I went for it

Ha-ha, I probably would park like that now, anyway ...

These are 18" AMG III 7Jx18 ET54:

I have a slightly wider tyres fitted - GoodYear EfficientGrip Performance 225/40, so it's a comfier and quieter ride, plus a tiny bit more protection for the alloys, not that I'm ever going to test it
GLK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GLK For This Useful Post:
MWCLS (12-12-2016)
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, car, colour, small, wheels