Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension Discuss all wheel related matters

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #16
Threadstarter

Car: W211 E320 estate, W116 280sel, 996 turbo
I am going to bump my own thread...some time later!

I have sold that e320 W211 wagon / estate in France and relocated to Australia.
I never solved the boominess issue.

So...when I got to Australia I bought a exactly the same vehicle E320 W211 '04 wagon / estate ... and its got the same issue!!!

Reading somewhere on the internet that it may be a diff issue...so going to replace the fluids in there in the next week...see what that does.
baser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: E220-CDI Classic 2008 manual saloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by baser View Post
I am going to bump my own thread...some time later!

I have sold that e320 W211 wagon / estate in France and relocated to Australia.
I never solved the boominess issue.

So...when I got to Australia I bought a exactly the same vehicle E320 W211 '04 wagon / estate ... and its got the same issue!!!

Reading somewhere on the internet that it may be a diff issue...so going to replace the fluids in there in the next week...see what that does.
It's come back to haunt you.
Lord-WYBMAnE220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #18
Threadstarter

Car: W211 E320 estate, W116 280sel, 996 turbo
So I thought I would get the rubber donut thingy from the propshaft replaced to see if that helped....the mechanic forgot to attach the nuts to the bolt on the drive shaft........result was the driveshaft coming off at 90 km/h......smashing around the underside of the car...setting off a couple of airbags and the car was a write off.
His insurance dealt with it and the car is no more.....solved the boominess issue though.

Have had a few cars since then but just the other day bought a w124 wagon....so great!
MikeInWimbledon likes this.
baser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:22 AM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: SL350 and E500 (S211)
Muttley Laugh !!!

I'm a very happy owner of an E500 S211 estate - currently spending a couple of months in Provence. I don't recognise that noise issue at all - mine's almost S500 quiet.

I would have counselled a fancy wheel alignment centre with all the kit to check it out - but your mind is somewhere else now: happy motoring !
MikeInWimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
estate, question, rear, suspension, w211