Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > ------> Mercedes Performance > Performance Lounge
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Performance Lounge For the tuning of all Mercedes Cars new and old.

Like Tree2Likes

Old 13-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: mercedes e220 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldrobins View Post
According to the MB data on the website the new E220bluetec is single turbo and the E250 is twin. The engines don't appear to be the same anymore.
My 2015 e220 coupe with ad blu is a single turbo. It was at the point when the e250 coupe was discontinued apparently due to being non Euro 6 compliant
Markjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 03:19 AM   #17

Car: A 180 CDI
Does anyone know a good remapper in the north east of England preferably near Newcastle? I have an A180 cdi!
MB beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #18

Car: Mercedes e class convertible 2014
Hi,

If you get your engine remapped, does it revert back to factory spec when you have it serviced ?
I've just got a 2014 e220 diesel convertible and was thinking of getting it remapped. Any tips ??
Geeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #19

Car: c220 cdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB beast View Post
Does anyone know a good remapper in the north east of England preferably near Newcastle? I have an A180 cdi!
Big fish tuning in stokesly has a cracking reputation , by all accounts the guys a tuning guru and in fact I'm making the drive down from Glasgow on Friday to get mine remapped ( c220 cdi) , not far from u either. , gad north in South Shields is an option but no dyno and he couldn't do mine ,,,, really! I drove down and basically he never had lead to connect with ecu ,so I left unhappy , the guy Nass is a nice guy but I supplied all details and chassis number so expected him to know what was neede , instead of " sorry mate , I haven't got cable !!!!"
John at bft seems to know his stuff and app he's done loads of my type and knows what's involved ,so presumably it will get done this time , all things considered it seems the best place to go ,Msl in Birmingham is another big name ( with. A dyno) but obv it's even further away for me
Old 12-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: c230 kompressor 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim55 View Post

Big fish tuning in stokesly has a cracking reputation , by all accounts the guys a tuning guru and in fact I'm making the drive down from Glasgow on Friday to get mine remapped ( c220 cdi) , not far from u either. , gad north in South Shields is an option but no dyno and he couldn't do mine ,,,, really! I drove down and basically he never had lead to connect with ecu ,so I left unhappy , the guy Nass is a nice guy but I supplied all details and chassis number so expected him to know what was neede , instead of " sorry mate , I haven't got cable !!!!"
John at bft seems to know his stuff and app he's done loads of my type and knows what's involved ,so presumably it will get done this time , all things considered it seems the best place to go ,Msl in Birmingham is another big name ( with. A dyno) but obv it's even further away for me
They also do bft at msl . Had my e320cdi done and it's very good.
streethawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #21
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W212 AMG Sport
I have a 2013 facelift E220d and I am beginning to think it's harder to remap than other cars based on what I have heard from other members and a reputable local remap company. He said it's not impossible but it requires a new ECU (or something along those lines) and costs around 290.
ph47mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #22

Car: c220 cdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph47mf View Post
I have a 2013 facelift E220d and I am beginning to think it's harder to remap than other cars based on what I have heard from other members and a reputable local remap company. He said it's not impossible but it requires a new ECU (or something along those lines) and costs around 290.
Who said ?? As far as I know some ecu,s cant be remapped through he obd port ( mine☹️)and the ecu has to physically b removed and mapped out of the car ,bft quoted me 395 with before and after dyno runs included
Jim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 12:36 PM   #23

Car: c220 cdi amg sport
This subject has been hammered in lots of previous threads

The C220CDI is the exact same engine as the C250CDI twin turbo W204 Model

Check here - C220 vs C250 - Page 1 - Mercedes - PistonHeads

The injectors are different

I have just had a remap of my 2013 220CDI Twin Turbo AMG Sport and I have dyno reads before and after

So although the book is 170 my first run was 192 so 22 over the book and 415nm

Custom tune by DMS Automotive took it to 241 and 515nm

Last edited by talljay; 13-12-2016 at 12:38 PM.
talljay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015, advice, amg, cdi, e220, model, remap