Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Parts, Maintenance & Servicing
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Parts, Maintenance & Servicing
Looking for any special car parts?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Car: E 350 sport estate
w212 power steering fluid

2010 E350 212.
Power steering works fine but on cold mornings there is a wining noise for quite a while, worse when steering wheel is turned.
I've removed the massive cover over the engine and found the reservoir, the fluid is near the bottom of the dipstick.
is this a special fluid that i need to get from MB at silly price or can I get it in Euro car parts/Halfords?
Its going into my local indy in a weeks time for MOT so will get them to check for a leak. Would Wynns Power steering stop-leak be a possibility, I've good experience from Wynns products?
There is a possibility that I may sell this car in the next few months so don't want to spend money on repairs if I can get away with it. I will of course buy a newer E350
keith of kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: ML 63 AMG SLK 55 & SLK 350 amg
Just get the MB fluid from parts, its not expensive.
zenman63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
As above, use OEM fluid. Not a good idea to mix different brands anyway.
AMGeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid, power, steering, w212