Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Parts, Maintenance & Servicing
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Parts, Maintenance & Servicing
Looking for any special car parts?

Like Tree14Likes

Old 15-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #46
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Various.
SPX,

Got to keep them honest!

Flack,

Knock yourself out if you can use any of it.
Flackadder likes this.
neilrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #47
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Various.
Two things I forgot to put in the long post a couple up.

While ECP's Customer Service manager Faridah Jivani said she would honour the OIL50 offer for me she made no mention of anyone else, of honouring it for mbclub members & I'm shamed to say I did not ask. Indicates to me the extent of their sorrow stopped at being called out on this by one individual & they had no intention of announcing their error & rerunning the offer here.

To do with the raising prices before a promotion she said that was out of their hands, the price rises were down to their suppliers raising the price ECP paid. Seems an unlikely coincidence given that it has been occurring so regularly but she said they would be doing less of that in the future.
neilrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 15-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #48
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
Not the best...he will get the jist I am sure.

To CEO Mercedes Germany

---------------
Good morning, sir.

Hope this email finds you well.

I am writing directly to you, so you can see how your poorly your Customer Servises are working here in the UK. And having lived for 6 years earlier during my life in Germany, I know, that Customer Services in your country are among the best in the world.

I would like to bring your attention to: 'Ref: FM-1-9149273599 where I have put forward the saga of my air-conditioning issues. You will note, I am sure, that Mercedes were unable on my first two visits to find a fault, so on my third visit I decided to show Mercedes what and where the fault was. You may also note also, that after Mercedes were the last people to touch the bolts on my engine under cover, it proceded to fall down.

Worse, when I instructed Craig (in service) to contact one warrenty company for me, he decided it was quite alright to contact another and to commit a fraudulent claim on my behalf! A serious issue that Craig was uninterested in sorting out and was left to me to explain to two warrenty companies that I was not 'shopping around for best deal', I was, in-fact, trying to save myself from possible legal action against me. Something that I am in the last few days of completing.

The reply from Mercedes Customer Services UK show to me that they never entirely read my first email and really do not care in the slightest of the trouble they have caused and the bad name I could receive.

All I was asking as a small token of goodwill to help me forget the unforgiveable errors was, maybe, a Sat-Nav update. Something of very little cost to Mercedes, but something that would make me very happy.

I am confident you will investigate this issue and act accordingly.

Therefore, as it is the season of good will, I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Old 15-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #49
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: R129, Renault Zoe, BMW R100
I wouldn't go into what you want, certainly not on the opening letter. That's likely to read like a threat of blackmail.

Last edited by Doodle; 15-12-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #50
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
Point taken :-)
Flackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #51
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: S210 E320 CDI
Good result Neil. I either let them go or take them all the way, and usually win. I've had to get the Ombudsman involved before and it cost the company involved a full refund and 100 for my trouble.

The disappointing part is that ECP could have contacted you or posted here, at least showing that they are trying to resolve this for you, a member of a forum they support.
Flackadder likes this.
bob6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bob6600 For This Useful Post:
neilrr (15-12-2016)

Tags
black, friday