Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Parts, Maintenance & Servicing
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Parts, Maintenance & Servicing
Looking for any special car parts?

Like Tree14Likes

Old 29-11-2016, 09:01 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Various.
And here's me thinking the "10 days of amazing deals" bit on the promotion meant this was available for, well, 10 days.

Silly me.
Flackadder and A250 Bennyboy like this.
neilrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:23 AM   #17

Car: SLK200K, C200K evo sport, defender90
discounts, but don't trust images

I went to take advantage of ECP discounts over the weekend for brake pads and found the photos for some manufacturers included pins and clips, others didn't. Last time I ordered pads from ECP, they didn't shown kit as included so I found the kit and purchased separately - no probs. This time, picture showed kit included so I didn't order additional kit.

Wrong - the picture is for decoration only and the clips and pins, as displayed, are not delivered. No mention either under parts detail section.

I phoned HQ, gave part reference and asked if pins and clips were included and person in customer platitudes department looked at picture and said YES. When I told him I just had them delivered, without the kit, I was put on hold and he then came back and changed his plea to NO. Swindled was I so they can have the parts back and I'll go elsewhere from now on. Hope bloke from ECP reads this but I doubt whether he cares either.
snow leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I am currently corresponding with ECP Customer Service(sic) about their OIL50 offer. We are in dispute over the length of this offer, with me claiming the promo as posted in Post 1 of this thread saying "10 days of Amazing Deals" (& no other time limit) gives the strong impression this offer is good for 10 days.

Their reply is below. Apart from asking 'who is talking about an email?' can anyone spot the difference?

Dear neilrr,

I am sorry about the confusion. I can confirm that the deadline was mentioned in the email as you can see this in following screenshot of the promotional email.

Unfortunately this promotion is no longer available. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your time and patience in this regard.

Regards,

Old 02-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: S210 E320 CDI
Screenshot the OP neilrr and shove it in their face.

Do they actually read what you write or just respond to what they want to?
bob6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I HAVE!

My email included a link to their opening post AND a screenshot.

Post 18 is their reply WITH that info!
bob6600 likes this.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #21
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Just received this from ECP CS.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Customer Services,

The deadline is posted on all of our adverts, as this shows ’10 days of amazing deals’ not ’10 days of this offer’ it is explained that there will be different offers available to you,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by this misunderstanding however we will not be able to honour this as the deal has now expired,

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on +44(0)203 474 0500 or email us on custservice@eurocarparts.com

Our offices are open from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm Saturday

Kind Regards,
Old 02-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #22
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Ford Expedition
ECP discounts are a farce anyway, they ramp up the prices before hand to cover the discounts - forget about their prentend deals and get down to costco for oil, chevrons cheap in there everyday, now and then even cheaper.
nick mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:47 PM   #23
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Me to them.

Thank you for your latest email.

Could you please give me the name & phone number of ECP's head of customer service?

I would like to give ECP one last chance to rectify this situation before filing a complaint with https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx & involving LKQ Corporation - Investor Relations - Corporate Governance - Board - Person Details

Regards.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #24
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: S210 E320 CDI
You would think for posting a mis-leading promotion which is causing confusion on a sponsored forum, ECP would give a one off goodwill gesture.

Pat was always good at looking into these complaints
bob6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #25
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: S123 240TD, S210 320cdi.
"10 days of Amazing Deals" How about an alternative?

"365 days of carp."
a111r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #26
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

If anybody posts on twitter or facebook & wants to link to this thread please, feel free.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #27
SPX
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Fat Fiat
I really can't be doing with ECP for multiple reasons and would rather have a car that didn't work than use them but I actually read it as "10 days worth of deals" not "deals that last 10 days"
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #28
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

So then SPX, if you want to ignore the only reference to time in the ad, when would you say the OIL50 offer was intended to end?
Old 02-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #29
SPX
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Fat Fiat
I would have assumed that it was ten offers over a ten day period, one per day, but then the wording used is no less than I'd expect of ECP.
SPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #30
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2009 W204 C180K
I've bought lots of things from ECP over the last 20 years but only when the price is right. Rule no1 check the price elsewhere first before buying and don't believe any advertising until you see the price. They had some excellent deals under the black Friday 50% promotion that I doubt could have been beaten anywhere and some that weren't so good because the price had been inflated too much. ECP have been playing that game for years so why is anyone surprised. I bought one of the good deals. That's the way it goes. I confess I didn't even notice the thing about 10 days but now when read with a sceptical eye I wouldn't have assumed the 50% discount was going to last for 10 days as ECP never do that when they have a big discount event. I assumed the offer was to end midnight Monday.

Part of the problem seems to be that black Friday doesn't seem to mean just Friday any more. I'm very slow to catch on with these trends but I know when the price is right.
190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, friday