Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > OT (OFF Topic) Forums
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

OT (OFF Topic) Forums PC/IT and Other Car Marques Forum & Gallery inside. Jokes, mortgages, family, gardening, flossing etc as usual. "Unsuitable" material will not be tolerated! Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum. Football topics are also not allowed, as they often turn nasty.

Like Tree14Likes

Old 08-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #31
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druk
Now quite Royal Mail but this letter was received at mums house during our last visit. From her Government private pension agency. Dear Mrs Rxxxx. Our recent letters to you regarding your change in benefits have all been returned to us by Royal Mail. If you have recently moved house please fill in the enclosed form with your new address and return to enable us to update our records. Erm...let me think
BT's broadband fault reporting advises you to use their web page to report your broadband is not working. Hmmmm.
Pontoneer likes this.
brucemillar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #32
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 Retrofitted by www.comandonline.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemillar View Post

BT's broadband fault reporting advises you to use their web page to report your broadband is not working. Hmmmm.
Some year ago the Royal Mail lost an item I posted.

So I went into the local post office and collected a Missing Post Item Form.

I took it to my office, filled-in all the details, then looked for an address where to post it... there was none.

Phoned them up, and they said they don't accept forms by post.... I must hand-deliver the form to the local post office.

I suggested to them that it can't be right as they are the Royal Mail... but the irony was lost on them.
Pontoneer and Peter103 like this.
markjay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markjay For This Useful Post:
brucemillar (08-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #33
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLS 350 CDI Sport
It wasn't that long ago that criminals could redirect your mail to their address with little or no checks, yet if you asked the Royal Mail where YOUR mail was being redirected to, they'd quote the DPA saying that they were legally required to protect the criminal's identity.

How perverse is that?
TheFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #34
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemillar View Post
Both yours and Derek's post put me in mind of the time West Lothian College ran a series of adverts in the local paper - one of which was Braille courses for the blind !

Wonder what sort of response that got !
Pontoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:49 AM   #35
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLS 350 CDI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoneer View Post
Both yours and Derek's post put me in mind of the time West Lothian College ran a series of adverts in the local paper - one of which was Braille courses for the blind !

Wonder what sort of response that got !
Vending machines have braille on the keypads so that they can be used by the blind, but they still require someone with sight to able to tell the blind person what is on offer behind the glass.
TheFoX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issue, mail, royal