Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > OT (OFF Topic) Forums
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

OT (OFF Topic) Forums PC/IT and Other Car Marques Forum & Gallery inside. Jokes, mortgages, family, gardening, flossing etc as usual. "Unsuitable" material will not be tolerated! Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum. Football topics are also not allowed, as they often turn nasty.

Like Tree14Likes

Old 07-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #16

Car: E Class Coupe 2016
I sent a tracked and signed item to France and RM seems to have lost it, having looked at RM insurance you cannot make a claim without the original receipt for item. To be fair its the first time in decades they have lost one of my items and it didn't even reach France according to the tracking, so LA Poste didn't receive it and usually they are pretty fast in delivering .
erdnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLS 350 CDI Sport
Our old postman used to shove all the letters for our three bungalows in the first letterbox he came to, rather than walk down the lane to the other two bungalows. This came to a head when my mother had to request a second medical letter because the first one was sitting on the mat of our neighbour while she was on a cruise ship.

We complained to the Post Office. It turned out that he was being investigated after other complaints from other residents that appeared to have their mail posted in wrong letterboxes.

While mistakes can happen, deliberately miss posting mail should be an offense.
TheFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: MB
Surely in the OP's case it's not the end delivery but the pre delivery sorting stage that is to blame?

Unless, of course, all 300 recipients live on the same round.
DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrFeelgood For This Useful Post:
markjay (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 1973 450 sl. w202 C240 . W168 A160
The post in somerset can be a bit slow , but the ones with the 3d stamps seem to arrive relatively quickly.
Charles Morgan likes this.
NOMONEYBUTAMERC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C350 CDI AMG Sport
Postman Pat, Postman Pat, he just loves stealing your cr@p

moonloops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #21
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

It's not just Royal Mail that seem unable to deliver on time. UPS also seem to struggle with the concept of delivering when they say they will. Twice they have failed to deliver to me on time recently. Maybe, they're trying to take over from City Link?
ChrisEdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 AM   #22
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
Our old postman used to shove all the letters for our three bungalows in the first letterbox he came to, rather than walk down the lane to the other two bungalows. This came to a head when my mother had to request a second medical letter because the first one was sitting on the mat of our neighbour while she was on a cruise ship.

We complained to the Post Office. It turned out that he was being investigated after other complaints from other residents that appeared to have their mail posted in wrong letterboxes.

While mistakes can happen, deliberately miss posting mail should be an offense.
I think there is a related offence .
Pontoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:15 AM   #23
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisEdu View Post
It's not just Royal Mail that seem unable to deliver on time. UPS also seem to struggle with the concept of delivering when they say they will. Twice they have failed to deliver to me on time recently. Maybe, they're trying to take over from City Link?
They'd have to go some to wrest that crown from Yodel !
Pontoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #24
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnase View Post
I sent a tracked and signed item to France and RM seems to have lost it, having looked at RM insurance you cannot make a claim without the original receipt for item. To be fair its the first time in decades they have lost one of my items and it didn't even reach France according to the tracking, so LA Poste didn't receive it and usually they are pretty fast in delivering .
Until recently you didn't need the original receipt for a lost item that you'd posted - just a proof of posting slip that is available free over the counter.

I've had two Ebay items (allegedly) go missing in the last year and couldn't claim for either which meant that the loss and the postage cost had to be written off.

That's privatisation for you.
erdnase likes this.
Scott_F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott_F For This Useful Post:
erdnase (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #25
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemillar View Post
After a change of postie when our faithful and trusted postie, of twenty years retired.
This stopped after I managed to speak with our "new" Postie and asked her, for her help.
You have a regular postie? We rarely see the same one twice in a week! And there is no ambiguity about the addresses in our street but mail is often being delivered to us erroneously and presumably ours is being delivered elsewhere because it isn't unusual for us to be missing post.

I've thought for a while now that the status in law whereby, for example, the posting of a NIP is also deemed to be proof of delivery is hopelessly out of date because like so many things these days, the service received (or inflicted) really is a postcode lottery (sic).
brucemillar likes this.
Previous M-B: Cavansite Blue r172 2011 SLK200; Cirrus White 2014 w176 A200 Sport AMG; Obsidian Black 2012 w204 C180 Sport; Iridium Silver 2011 r230 SL350; Flint Grey w639 2013 Vito Sport Dualiner Compact 122 V6 Cdi
Giantvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #26
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantvanman View Post
You have a regular postie? We rarely see the same one twice in a week! And there is no ambiguity about the addresses in our street but mail is often being delivered to us erroneously and presumably ours is being delivered elsewhere because it isn't unusual for us to be missing post.

I've thought for a while now that the status in law whereby, for example, the posting of a NIP is also deemed to be proof of delivery is hopelessly out of date because like so many things these days, the service received (or inflicted) really is a postcode lottery (sic).
Our Postie was the same postie for over twenty years, until retirement. Always in shorts, including during heavy snowfalls ;^). This was a guy who exemplified "going the extra mile". He knew everybody by name and what their delivery preferences were. He would come back at the end of his round (it is a rural van driven round) with a Parcel for you if he missed you at the start of the round. For the elderly, he would take their post for them, rather than see them head up to the post box.

We miss him.
Pontoneer, stwat and Giantvanman like this.
brucemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #27
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemillar View Post
Our Postie was the same postie for over twenty years, until retirement. Always in shorts, including during heavy snowfalls ;^). This was a guy who exemplified "going the extra mile". He knew everybody by name and what their delivery preferences were. He would come back at the end of his round (it is a rural van driven round) with a Parcel for you if he missed you at the start of the round. For the elderly, he would take their post for them, rather than see them head up to the post box.

We miss him.
Ah, the good old days of service. Alas, these days it's all about making money, rather than giving customers what they actually want.
ChrisEdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #28
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2010 C180 Komp Sport (1.6) W204.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisEdu View Post
Ah, the good old days of service. Alas, these days it's all about making money, rather than giving customers what they actually want.

Very true, the delivery rounds are so big nowadays the poor postie has hardly got time to say hello never mind stopping for a chat.
Having to rush all the time is the single biggest reason for miss deliveries, yes some idiots can't be bothered to do the job properly but most are still trying to do their best with the time and equipment given.
Adrian5405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #29
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
....what is interesting (well I think so). I thought that these "rural" rounds where you get a van, would be the pick of the bunch? Apparently not anymore. The temp postie(s) that we have since our regular retired, tell me that the PO can't get a perm for the round. Why? Well as said above.. It seems that they are pushed so hard on time now, that they cannot complete the round, within time and deliver everything. The rural idyll, driving round, saying hello and offering help has been replaced by a crazed version of Grand Theft Auto. The results we see in incorrect deliveries. Complaining is not a good thing for the posties as their paymasters take a very dim view of any complaints and the threat of the sack (excuse the pun) is always present. Not nice.

Avatar: Our two magnificent & beautiful Siberian Huskies. Gone but never forgotten - Remy & Snowy.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/membe...storation.html

Last edited by brucemillar; 08-01-2017 at 04:55 PM.
brucemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #30

Car: 2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
Now quite Royal Mail but this letter was received at mums house during our last visit. From her Government private pension agency.

Dear Mrs Rxxxx.

Our recent letters to you regarding your change in benefits have all been returned to us by Royal Mail. If you have recently moved house please fill in the enclosed form with your new address and return to enable us to update our records.

Erm...let me think
Pontoneer likes this.
Druk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Druk For This Useful Post:
brucemillar (08-01-2017)

Tags
issue, mail, royal