Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > OT (OFF Topic) Forums
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

OT (OFF Topic) Forums PC/IT and Other Car Marques Forum & Gallery inside. Jokes, mortgages, family, gardening, flossing etc as usual. "Unsuitable" material will not be tolerated! Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum. Football topics are also not allowed, as they often turn nasty.

Like Tree8Likes

Old 19-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Also, another recent. Ordered the crepe maker they had on offer which was shipped out in its own box, just a delivery sticker slapped on the packaging, no paper wrapping or nothing

Damaged with water the bottom of the box was mulch by the time it arrived

I complained about that, and the fact it would be rendered useless as a gift seeing as whoever signs for it can clearly see what it is. Had they wrapped it in a plastic bag like normal no damage would've been made. Instant full refund issued

All I did was complain about the issues, didn't necessarily need the refund but whatever floats their boat
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
Item description usually states packaging will reveal contents and one can select the item is a gift if one doesn't want this.

But agree the outer packaging should always be suitable for shipping.
whitenemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 19-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: GLC43 AMG
Whilst they are quick to flash the cash to resolve a problem I rather have that they improve their quality controls and try and prevent the problems.

Especially their own courier service is pretty bad in my area. I've had it two times in as many days that they issued a non-delivery notice because I wasn't home. Well considering I work from home and have CCTV I can also cover for the eventuality that my hearing is failing me. Yes you guess it a plain lie. That is the bit I hate more, if you don't have time on your run and can't be bothered going past the house then be honest about it. Don't make out that I wasn't there when I was there.

Sure customer service adds a month either time to my prime account, but you know what I have prime because I want it next day and quick. I'm happy to pay for it. Once that can happen but two days in a row. Nah, sorry the money they throw at it isn't good enough.

And to the OP, I would definitely report it to the police. You've had a lucky escape there.
dejongj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dejongj For This Useful Post:
ash59fifty-uk (19-12-2016)
Old 19-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenemesis
Item description usually states packaging will reveal contents and one can select the item is a gift if one doesn't want this. But agree the outer packaging should always be suitable for shipping.
Didn't say that on mine unfortunately, but reviews dating back from 2014 with the same complaints and they're still doing it 2 years later
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
To date my only complaint about Amazon is the ridiculously over-sized boxes that they use for shipping, often with half a forest of scrunched up brown paper inside...
DrFeelgood likes this.
whitenemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whitenemesis For This Useful Post:
ash59fifty-uk (19-12-2016)

Tags
amazon, big, exposed, problem