Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > OT (OFF Topic) Forums
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

OT (OFF Topic) Forums PC/IT and Other Car Marques Forum & Gallery inside. Jokes, mortgages, family, gardening, flossing etc as usual. "Unsuitable" material will not be tolerated! Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum. Football topics are also not allowed, as they often turn nasty.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200CDI Estate
If you have a 3 phase supply and require a reasonably large machine I would be inclined to use 3 phase- with 2 motors of the same hp output the 3 phase will be simpler smaller/lighter and more efficient in terms of power consumption than the single phase. Like for like --above a certain hp the 3 phase may actually be cheaper to buy also.
grober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: E55k, 911sc, S320
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick mercedes View Post
T-NADO Air Compressor [COM] - 310.00 : MR. Dental

4cfm, silent, only 50% duty cycle though
Yes just saw that. I don't mean to sound DELIBERATELY dim, BUT; I understand a 50/50 duty cycle means it cant be run all day every day. I need it to run continuously for 4 to 6 hours then not at all for a day or two, then 4 to 6 hours again.

A 50:50 duty cycle could mean run it only for 4 hours in an 8 hour shift, 7 days a week, or it could mean use it all day one day and not at all the next. Or it could mean run it for 5 minutes then give it 5 minutes rest?

Could any of you brainy types clear my confused mind?
flat6buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Wilkinson Star Limited: Trade Equipment : Wholesaler Distributor of Welding Equipment & Air Compressors

You know you want to!
ChrisEdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: E55k, 911sc, S320
More Power
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ep8wV.jpg (38.7 KB, 6 views)
flat6buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Ford Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat6buster View Post
Yes just saw that. I don't mean to sound DELIBERATELY dim, BUT; I understand a 50/50 duty cycle means it cant be run all day every day. I need it to run continuously for 4 to 6 hours then not at all for a day or two, then 4 to 6 hours again.

A 50:50 duty cycle could mean run it only for 4 hours in an 8 hour shift, 7 days a week, or it could mean use it all day one day and not at all the next. Or it could mean run it for 5 minutes then give it 5 minutes rest?

Could any of you brainy types clear my confused mind?
It would be fine for your needs.

Given it's a 4cfm machine and you only need 1, it will lead a stress free life.
nick mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nick mercedes For This Useful Post:
flat6buster (02-12-2016)

Tags
advice, air, compressor, sought