Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > OT (OFF Topic) Forums
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

OT (OFF Topic) Forums PC/IT and Other Car Marques Forum & Gallery inside. Jokes, mortgages, family, gardening, flossing etc as usual. "Unsuitable" material will not be tolerated! Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum. Football topics are also not allowed, as they often turn nasty.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C32 AMG
NEBOSH construction cert

Been on the plumbing tools for 21 years, had enough of working on my knees for a living, time to get out before my back/hands/knees start to give me some real trouble...

Got a Nebosh general cert a few years ago and now I want to expand on my qualifications.

Can anyone recommend a good trainer Derby/Notts way? has to be block type training, I don't like home study as I prefer to have a trainer to ask stupid questions at!

So I get the construction cert, what other qualifications should I get for a career in construction safety? PASMA, IPAF? go on some IOSH courses?

Want to stick to the construction side of safety, try and get a advisor role at some point.
Dizwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W124 E36 AMG & Range Rover 4.2 SC his, SLK 200 hers
If construction H&S is what you would prefer then the Construction Cert is a good start.

It's not that different to the ordinary cert TBH but construction sites sometimes insist on it.

Maybe get some Fire Safety, Manual handling, etc., specific certs.

A NRSWA streetworks supervisor ticlet is a useful add-on too

Get some hands-on H&S experience as an advisor than go for NEBOSH Diploma and get into IOSH.

I've been in H&S for 25 years and still enjoy the challenge.

Don't know any trainers but browse here and get some ideas.

IOSH forums home

PM me if I can be of any more help

Palfrem CMIOSH
Palfrem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Palfrem For This Useful Post:
Dizwen (06-05-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: C32 AMG
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the offer of help. I'll pm you if i have anymore questions.
Dizwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizwen For This Useful Post:
Palfrem (06-05-2012)

Tags
cert, construction, nebosh