Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Interior
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Interior Seats, upholstery, steering wheels and trim

Like Tree5Likes

Old 13-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #16
Threadstarter

Car: 2013 C250 CDI Estate Sports Plus/2009 CLK 220 CDI Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstrom76 View Post
I reported this exact problem to my dealership when it went in for its B service at the back end of last year. I suspect it must be a service bulletin as the are replacing the seat covers FOC. They had to place an order to have them made up, which took a few weeks but they are ready now so I just need to book the car in at the earliest to get it done.

You may also want to check your alloys for pitting - again they are replacing all four of mine FOC.

See my thread here: New to the forum an Merc, just took delivery of a 250 CDI BE Estate AMG Sport Plus

Sent from my HTC One using MBClub UK
Thanks for the Update>>

Looks like their trying to dig up excuses at the moment, My neighbour as the has the C350 CDI Sport Plus with the same issues, If
you saw his seats you'd break down sobbing your heart out.. their a proper mess, I've told him to get his car back to the Dealer...
martinc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Mb
May be members unaware of this issue so here's a -

BUMP.

Last edited by The _Don; 17-02-2015 at 10:15 PM.
The _Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Mercedes CLS 220 BlueTec Shooting Brake AMG Line Premium Plus
Fetched mine from the dealers today, driver and passenger seat covers + four new alloys and tyres. Went for Dunlop Sport Macs RT's as they've had some good reviews. Feels and looks like a brand new car now and it seems much quieter too!

I've had a C220 CDI SE saloon as courtesy car for three days now and although it was nice (the ride is much softer than mine), I actually prefer the interior of mine. I first got a chance to try the W205 (well it was an S205 actually) back in November and my thoughts about the interior at the time still stand - it's too fuzzy, there's too much going on. Perhaps I'm getting old (I'm 38!) but the new C is a tad too trinkety for my liking.

Sent from my HTC One using MBClub UK
martinc65 likes this.
edstrom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 03:53 AM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Went for a test drive in the C250 CDI Sport Plus Coupe today, and found the white staining - very noticeable on the front passenger seat.

Will now pop round first thing and tell them not to do anything to make it worse.

That then begs the question as to if I should buy it, or not.
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Panic over! For me and the Salesman...

Transpires that it is an ex-Company Car, and has never had Starguard applied.

It's a stain, you can see run marks - so the proper cleaner is being applied.
Old 24-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #21
Threadstarter

My Vehicle went in for its seats deep cleaning on Monday 16th Feb, The car came out looking brand new inside & out, However 1 week on the staining is starting to reappear.

Time to phone the Dealership again,
Old 24-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #22
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 300SL (R129 1992 pre-facelift), Volvo V70 SE D5 Auto Geartronic
Really....maybe you should print this off and go and stick it to them were the sun don't shine

2015 Mercedes C-Class owners reporting bleeding seats [UPDATE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Update, email from the dealer, I quote

"We are talking to the factory about this as they appear to be water marks and we have not had any reported issues with other vehicles with the same interior or with the starguard."

Its very interesting to read your comments, I will keep you all up to date.
DSB SL AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #23
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
It's a warranty claim

Hadn't seen this thread before but I have the same problem on my 2014 AMG Spt + saloon. It's a horrible mark on the seat back of the passenger seat, I'd assumed it was a watermark but after a full valet by a trusted professional it came back so i did wonder.

Car went into dealer yesterday for it's first service. I complained about some cracking to the steering wheel leather - fairly minor but want to cover myself for any future handing it back exercise - and also mentioned the seat and how it hadn't gone away with valeting, could they take a look.

Picked the car up late yesterday afternoon and was told they had taken pictures and sent to Merc UK, they expected the steering wheel would get approved but were doubtful about the seats.

Phone call this morning from dealer (Merc Preston), no joy on steering wheel (try again next year! but at least it's logged for any return condition report). They are replacing the seat cover though and not just the passenger one they are replacing them all as they are aware of an issue with this material, only downside is some of them on are back order in Germany so no date as yet. They will need the car for 3 days.

If you have this problem keep pushing as if mine is having the whole car re-done there's no reason others shouldn't get done. My passenger seat looks exactly like the 3rd picture posted by BigE earlier int he thread.

Last edited by tuonopepper; 04-03-2015 at 11:27 AM.
tuonopepper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tuonopepper For This Useful Post:
martinc65 (13-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 10:51 PM   #24
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Mb
Bump.
The _Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #25
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
My car is now booked in for the 3rd and 4th to have all the seats replaced so I'll report back once done.
tuonopepper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tuonopepper For This Useful Post:
martinc65 (22-03-2015)
Old 22-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #26
Threadstarter

My cars in for its 2nd valet on the 25th, so we'll see what happens after that, but still pushing this issue with my local dealer
Old 27-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #27

Car: c-class 180 amg sport plus
Smile

my c class sport plus went in today for its 1st B service i told the dealer about the stain problem on the seat ( front passenger at the moment )and the problem with the lacquer on one of the wheels pitting ' they have agreed to renew the wheel and told me " we cant see any problem with the seats ,but keep an eye on it and let us know if it get any worse " That i will, indeed

Last edited by Asbestus; 27-03-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Asbestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #28
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Contrary to my original glee about the marks going away with a valet... So wrong!

They are starting to re-appear - trip to MB Derby planned tomorrow.

A troll round the Internet - on a site called - www.eautorepair.net has this reference - which is a TSB specific site (apparently)...

LI91.18-P-058808 - Staining on Dinamica Seat Covers in Equipment Packages 611/711/741/901/911/921

Would any of our more savvy users be able to tie this to our problem?

Last edited by Venomous; 06-04-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: More info from trolling
Old 10-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #29
Threadstarter

I took my vehicle for its 2nd valet on the 25th March, dropped off the car went home, as I walk in the house, Mercedes phoned stating we will change all interior seat covers and have accepted 100% costs for the replacement of all 6 covers, 2 drivers,2 Passenger & 2 Rear Seat !!!RESULT!!! So the car is booked in for Tuesday 14th for this work to be carried out under the good old warranty. HAPPY DAYS
Old 10-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #30
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

SOLUTION:

So it transpires that the issue is with the adhesive used, and it is this that is coming through the seat covers.

Hence, the reason why cleaning or removing Starguard makes absolutely no difference.

I'm now awaiting a call back from the Warranty Manager for the car to go in for the replacement seat covers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Venomous For This Useful Post:
martinc65 (10-04-2015)

Tags
dinamica or artico, problem, seats, stain, white