Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Old 22-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #31
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: SL400 and 911 GT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
I would cancel the deal and expect to lose the grand.
If you take the car on and then try and sell it private, you will lose a bit more than the aforementioned 1k....
Agree. Loss is capped at 1k if you cancel. It could be more or (less) if you take the risk. Is it worth the stress and financing costs?
C240Sport97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #32
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Audi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbersmill View Post
Thanks again for responses and advice. I am not really expecting to get the deposit back and hopefully I will be continuing with taking delivery of the car.
If it is a problem to extracate myself from the deal I will have to take it on the chin and sell it privatley, in fact I may do this regardless.
I am reading this thread with incedulity. I am not particularly aware of any special circumstances regarding the C63 but surely the general rules of car purchasing still apply? These would be:

The chances of finding somebody to take your build slot (thus protecting your deposit return) are very low unless you offer an incentive to this person in the way of a (further) discount. Why else would somebody take on a car to another person's spec? The incentive would undoubtedly have to be greater than 1000.

If you take the car and have to sell it subsequently (even with "delivery miles" on the clock) your loss on that sale will make the 1000 deposit look like small change from the back of the sofa.

Every day that this deal remains on the dealer's books and the car build date gets nearer makes it less likely that the dealer will help extracate you from this deal at no - or little - loss. Dealers mostly close their books at the end of a month and they don't like to lose a sale on the last day of the month. If you speak to them today you are giving them 9 days and - crucially - 2 weekends to pass on your build slot. If you leave it till the end of the month they are more likely to keep your deposit.

Most of your plans seems to be geared around increasing your exposure, not minimising it. Just speak to the dealer and, if they want to keep the deposit, try to get it held on account for a future purchase.

At the end of the day, if you can afford a C63 you can afford to lose 1000 (though I am not saying you deserve to lose it). But why risk losing more?

Good luck.
prprandall51 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prprandall51 For This Useful Post:
C240Sport97 (22-10-2010), hawk20 (23-10-2010), MUGGY (22-10-2010), SPX (22-10-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 22-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #33
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: E350cgi Sport Estate + BMW 130i
You need to be very careful, there are still contract hire deals out there on C63's that make financing look seriously expensive even with the big discount for using MB Finance.

Take the grand on the chin and walk away.
gIzzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #34
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
You need to be very careful, there are still contract hire deals out there on C63's that make financing look seriously expensive even with the big discount for using MB Finance.

Take the grand on the chin and walk away.
The finance deal I have in place started as equal to the best lease deal I could find. I used these as a bargaining tool. I then added extras.
For instance nationwide quoted around 757 with just command and 19s, FVL similar and prestige car leasing the same.
Lease rates have actually increased and now nationwide are starting at over 800 infact I specced a car with everything I have but minus the PPP as it was not listed and it came out at 1283/mth over 2 yrs I will be paying 986/mth with the flexibility of not being tied into a lease and a GFV of 35k in two yrs.
Ignoring base spec cars gizze what rates have you seen recently that are comparable?
bobbersmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #35
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Audi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbersmill View Post
The finance deal I have in place started as equal to the best lease deal I could find. I used these as a bargaining tool. I then added extras.
For instance nationwide quoted around 757 with just command and 19s, FVL similar and prestige car leasing the same.
Lease rates have actually increased and now nationwide are starting at over 800 infact I specced a car with everything I have but minus the PPP as it was not listed and it came out at 1283/mth over 2 yrs I will be paying 986/mth with the flexibility of not being tied into a lease and a GFV of 35k in two yrs.
Ignoring base spec cars gizze what rates have you seen recently that are comparable?
I thought you wanted out but you are talking like somebody who is going ahead with the purchase. What does it matter what rate you have secured??

Looks to me like you will soon be walking around with a C63 firmly tucked between your cheeks. That should give you a swagger.
prprandall51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #36
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Mate of mine has just take one on a 3x36 at 560+vat with nothing other than comand, adding anything else pushed it through the roof. However, this is what most people will be comparing it with, hence my 'take the grand hit and walk'.
Old 22-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Just called him to make sure that was right, in the end he put down 3000 and paid 505+vat a month and has it for 2 years.

That was with a company called Applied Leasing and was for 10k miles a year, 15k miles a year was 610+vat.
Old 22-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #38
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Just called him to make sure that was right, in the end he put down 3000 and paid 505+vat a month and has it for 2 years.

That was with a company called Applied Leasing and was for 10k miles a year, 15k miles a year was 610+vat.
That is pretty amazing are you sure its not 6 + 23?
bobbersmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #39
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

986 month 24 months= 23684 Plus you then either pay 35k? or walk away? what deposit just the 1K ?

or

505 plus vat (593) * 24 14230 plus 3000 = 17230 and walk away

Second deal athough a 'basic' car compared to yours sounds much better? However 1000 a month for a C class you never actual own does sound an awful lot to me

Second hand prices are already in the high 30K, 'new' models seem to come out quicker and quicker now which cannot help either. I think its ring the dealer time and cut your loss. 1000 is nothing on the above scheme of things.
A210AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A210AMG For This Useful Post:
hawk20 (23-10-2010)
Old 23-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #40
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLS350CDI
Just as a side note, I was in the same position as you some time ago - about 8 years ago.

I had ordered a very highly specified CLK230K Coupe - (W208 series), and then had a phone call from a dealer in Germany who I used to import cars from, telling me that he had a very high spec CLK320 Cab for sale, would I like it ?

The price on the import was very good, so I went for it.

I told the dealer I'd ordered the UK car from that I wanted to cancel the order, and I understood I would forfit the 1000 deposit. He wasn't happy, but had no choice. I'd been up front with him and told him the whole story.

You won't be the only one who's ever cancelled an order, or who's lost the 1k deposit.

As others have said - call them, let them know, and do it soon. I hope your dealer doesn't read this forum as well - they might be annoyed you failed to tell them sooner.
saorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #41
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: mercedes
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by saorbust View Post
Just as a side note, I was in the same position as you some time ago - about 8 years ago.

I had ordered a very highly specified CLK230K Coupe - (W208 series), and then had a phone call from a dealer in Germany who I used to import cars from, telling me that he had a very high spec CLK320 Cab for sale, would I like it ?

The price on the import was very good, so I went for it.

I told the dealer I'd ordered the UK car from that I wanted to cancel the order, and I understood I would forfit the 1000 deposit. He wasn't happy, but had no choice. I'd been up front with him and told him the whole story.

You won't be the only one who's ever cancelled an order, or who's lost the 1k deposit.

As others have said - call them, let them know, and do it soon. I hope your dealer doesn't read this forum as well - they might be annoyed you failed to tell them sooner.

Bobber,

If you cancel and you lose the 1000
then you hardly owe the dealer an explanation - if they get annoyed
you can assure them your situation is more difficult than theirs
mercedes are a big company they can cope
mika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amg, brand, c63, unregistered