Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Old 28-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 124 300D 24V Estate
So was the A3 on the back of the Sprinter origionally and they just happened to be double crewing the Sprinter. The Sprinter obviously ran out of fuel - A Mercedes failing to procede, never. I'm sure management at "Owdoo" have "interviews without coffee" going on right now.
trapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: clk 320cdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynall View Post
Oh my god you are not an argos driver are you daf LF45?

Lynall
Argos yes, instructor, out that day in one of the few MAN 7.5t we have.

Just wondering if the tow vehicle belonged to a subbie, as was rather old for main dealer equipment, however the audi was driven by a very smart showroom dolly. Clocked her id badge, but was distracted from reading the name!
yachtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
The sprinter was probably transporting the Audi until it broke down .

As above , pretty silly thing to do .
Pontoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: The silver one.
Distracted by what may i ask

I bet the van wasnt to heavy maybe 2.5 tons? not forgetting most cars middle size cars are over 1.6 tons.

We have the argos trucks come into us for repair and i vividly remember one coming past the workshop door with a driver pulling a wheelie, as he hit the concrete ramp at way to fast a speed and quite literally took off.

Lynall

Last edited by lynall; 29-08-2009 at 06:42 PM.
lynall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: A205 C220d
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtman View Post
Argos yes, instructor, out that day in one of the few MAN 7.5t we have.
Way off-topic I know..........but is there a strong demand for HGV drivers, of various classes?

I sometimes wonder about learning myself.
wemorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: clk 320cdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wemorgan View Post
Way off-topic I know..........but is there a strong demand for HGV drivers, of various classes?

I sometimes wonder about learning myself.

Sadly probably lowest demand for years. HGV drivers in the midlands are unfortunately highly represented in the newly laid off & redundant.

On a plus point a lot of the eastern bloc agency drivers have gone home. Agency drivers are having a particularly difficult time with a lack of work.

to the future, the pot of drivers having c1 (7.5t) entitlement and wishing to do heavy work such as home delvery is getting smaller, so when the recession lifts drivers holding a cat C or C1 will be in more demand.
yachtman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yachtman For This Useful Post:
wemorgan (29-08-2009)
Old 30-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #22
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: The silver one.
I agree with the quiet bit not many new trucks on the road and most of the bigger companies that would have new every year are now running trucks 2.5 years old which isnt a bad thing just shows the monies not there.

Not quite the job people think it is, some of the trucks i see i dont want to touch and the drivers live in them all week some of them truly stinktrucks and drivers sweat, cigarettes, rubbish etc etc and of course depends what you are pulling

Obviously argos is going to be reasonably clean but some of the larger lorries

I remember servicing a tractor unit being down the pit merrily pulling this and that eating my sandwich thinking this truck absolutely stinks, see the driver in the morning and i could tell it was his truck before he asked for the keys and asked what he carried and he said last few months all the bse cattle carcass,s etc and sometime when loading some falls off onto the hot exhaust hence the terrible smells.

On the other hand not the hardest job in the world but possibly one of the most boring, again depending on work.

Have a look for a truckers forum.

Lynall

Last edited by lynall; 30-08-2009 at 03:49 AM.
lynall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audi, breakdown, dealer, tows, unregistered, vehicle