Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Old 16-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: slk350 with airscarf plus E280CDI Sport Est
Unregistered SLK good or bad buy

Hi guys
back after a long time off line.Nice to be back and seeinghow helpful this site is,information is much appreciated

I saw on autotrader tonight a new SLK 280 fully loaded & unregistered from an import company called GT cars.Car cost 33950,with I think every extra.Are these cars good value or is their a sting in the tail at resale?
Barryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Banned

Car: R230 SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryh View Post
Hi guys
back after a long time off line.Nice to be back and seeinghow helpful this site is,information is much appreciated

I saw on autotrader tonight a new SLK 280 fully loaded & unregistered from an import company called GT cars.Car cost 33950,with I think every extra.Are these cars good value or is their a sting in the tail at resale?
Only 2 years warranty as against 3 years in the UK
television is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 16-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Hello,

I bought a Z3 back in 2001 imported and collected it myself from Germany. Yes 2 yr warranty against 3 (I could buy the 3rd year here).

Come resale time mine was

1) Cheaper than all the equivalent cars as I paid less originally
2) Had every option on it so was easier to sell.

Told to the first person who came to see it.

I had NO problems with servicing etc it even had a new roof and 3 new rear windows under warranty.

Don't know what a UK 280 sells for here with the same spec? whats the difference?

PS, I have a plate that would look ok on a 280 (SLX 280) currently on my brothers car as a cover.

A210AMG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, buy, good, slk, unregistered