Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Like Tree14Likes

Old 10-02-2017, 11:47 PM   #31
SMS

Car: Mercedes
Is your dash cam on all the time? Perhaps they didn't need to move the car and didn't need to turn the ign on to check the fault or maybe it is as you said? Just a thought.

Last edited by SMS; 11-02-2017 at 12:02 AM.
SMS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SMS For This Useful Post:
Fam (26-02-2017)
Old 26-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #32
Fam
Threadstarter

Car: Mercedes C Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
Is your dash cam on all the time? Perhaps they didn't need to move the car and didn't need to turn the ign on to check the fault or maybe it is as you said? Just a thought.
The dash cam comes on when the ignition is flicked to the first position when the electrics come on. without turning on the electrics they would not have been able to see the handbrake light turning off.
Fam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fam For This Useful Post:
SMS (26-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 26-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #33
Fam
Threadstarter

So an update for your all, apologies as i have been unwell with man flu and some projectile vomiting thrown in for good measure.

The person that i spoke to at the branch was initially very prompt at replying and was quick to offer to do the work for free. However when i informed him that i just wanted to put my mind at rest with regards to someone making a fair assessment to my car he became somewhat slower to respond.

Things only got more slower when i asked whether it would be possible to view some form of CCTV. My last email to them was on Tuesday and i am still waiting for an update from them.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

I have a service plan and the car was due a service so i dropped my car off at MB Watford to do the service on Friday. They are close to work and are always very helpful and have done the previous 3 services.

A few days prior the "airbag malfunction consult workshop light" had come on. After doing a bit of googling it turned out that the seat air bag clip was loose so i plugged that in but the warning light had not gone off. I suspect it needed a reset via STAR best case... worst case it was something else and as it was out of warranty i prepared myself for the worst.

As i was feeling like death warmed up i had not had the chance to get the handbrake sorted so i asked them to sort this out to as i will not have time for at least the next month or two to get down to the indie. I informed them that Orpington had looked at it when the car still had warranty and deemed that it was an out of warranty repair.

I asked if they could take a look at the airbag and if it was going to be expensive to give me a ring.

Anyways i get back to MB at 5 to pick up the car. Sit down go through the health check etc. where i am then handed the paperwork. Expecting the worst I ask about the airbag and the handbrake and am told that they have been sorted under warranty. Confused i ask "but the car is not under warranty". her response "yes thats correct but you booked your service in before your warranty expired, i spoke to the person who deals with warranty claims and he was happy to do the work under warranty".

So the airbag needed resetting and the handbrake needed a part changing on it.

Now this is honestly an example of great customer service. They had every right to charge me for the reset of the airbag and the handbrake and didn't. Now as a customer i left smiling and with the opinion that if i have any issues i wont be mugged off

if i was to buy another Merc guess who i would consider first. This is how trust and future business is won.
Pontoneer likes this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fam For This Useful Post:
ash59fifty-uk (26-02-2017), JohnEBoy (26-02-2017), merc85 (08-03-2017), SPX (08-03-2017)
Old 26-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #34
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fam View Post
Anyways i get back to MB at 5 to pick up the car. Sit down go through the health check etc. where i am then handed the paperwork. Expecting the worst I ask about the airbag and the handbrake and am told that they have been sorted under warranty. Confused i ask "but the car is not under warranty". her response "yes thats correct but you booked your service in before your warranty expired, i spoke to the person who deals with warranty claims and he was happy to do the work under warranty".

Now this is honestly an example of great customer service. They had every right to charge me for the reset of the airbag and the handbrake and didn't. Now as a customer i left smiling and with the opinion that if i have any issues i wont be mugged off

if i was to buy another Merc guess who i would consider first. This is how trust and future business is won.
Great customer service. It's kind of what you should have expect but are relieved and surprised when it happens, sadly.

I had the same kind of service from MB Tonbridge too.

Credit where credit is due.

I think sometimes you get a feel for a dealer when you are in there.

I always seem to detect smarmy sh*tty dealers and am usually right.
JohnEBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 12:53 AM   #35
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
Quote:
So an update for your all, apologies as i have been unwell with man flu and some projectile vomiting thrown in for good measure.

The person that i spoke to at the branch was initially very prompt at replying and was quick to offer to do the work for free. However when i informed him that i just wanted to put my mind at rest with regards to someone making a fair assessment to my car he became somewhat slower to respond.

Things only got more slower when i asked whether it would be possible to view some form of CCTV. My last email to them was on Tuesday and i am still waiting for an update from them.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

I have a service plan and the car was due a service so i dropped my car off at MB Watford to do the service on Friday. They are close to work and are always very helpful and have done the previous 3 services.

A few days prior the "airbag malfunction consult workshop light" had come on. After doing a bit of googling it turned out that the seat air bag clip was loose so i plugged that in but the warning light had not gone off. I suspect it needed a reset via STAR best case... worst case it was something else and as it was out of warranty i prepared myself for the worst.

As i was feeling like death warmed up i had not had the chance to get the handbrake sorted so i asked them to sort this out to as i will not have time for at least the next month or two to get down to the indie. I informed them that Orpington had looked at it when the car still had warranty and deemed that it was an out of warranty repair.

I asked if they could take a look at the airbag and if it was going to be expensive to give me a ring.

I hope you communicate all of this to the dealer principal at the place which mucked you about , and ask for a response .
Pontoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #36
Fam
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoneer View Post
I hope you communicate all of this to the dealer principal at the place which mucked you about , and ask for a response .
Yep all of this has been communicated and the dealer principle was copied into the last email. Where i informed them that the car was looked at by another dealership and taken care of under warranty.

Unfortunately yet again a response or even an acknowledgement with regards to this has yet to materialise (i emailed last Thursday).
Old 08-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #37
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CL500
Quote:
Yep all of this has been communicated and the dealer principle was copied into the last email. Where i informed them that the car was looked at by another dealership and taken care of under warranty.

Unfortunately yet again a response or even an acknowledgement with regards to this has yet to materialise (i emailed last Thursday).
Probably why it is **** there in the first place...
JohnEBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, bad, experience, needed, service