Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #16
Threadstarter

Car: W212 E350
Thanks yes it's more the engine reliability of the 651 I'm interested in not the facelift part of things as the 651 engine is fitted to quite a few models I thought many owners would be able to chime in on its reliability.
Robsey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Vito 639 & Daytona 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsey29 View Post
Thanks yes it's more the engine reliability of the 651 I'm interested in not the facelift part of things as the 651 engine is fitted to quite a few models I thought many owners would be able to chime in on its reliability.
At the risk of appearing to proffer further (unwelcome ) advice Robsey29, perhaps a thread titled something like "651 engine reliability or issues advice wanted".
Whilst this forum is indeed frequented by quite a number of knowledgable & experienced folks, IMHO it does seem that the inclusion of a commercial vehicle in the title serves to alienate a good number of them.
Perhaps a more ambivalent title would encourage those more precious types to post some pertinent observations without fear of sullying themselves in a "Van thread" .??
StMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #18
Threadstarter

Car: W212 E350
Point taken I will start a new thread.
Robsey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #19

Car: W639 Vito SWB
Vito 2011, having stripped it down to replace a faulty seal in the INJ pump, I decided on changing the timing gear also due to the horror stories I had read about the OM651.

I have to say the chain, sprockets and guide rails are all in very good condition - 100k work horse.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6351.jpg (230.4 KB, 7 views)
nagasakih2o is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, advice, buying, van, vito