Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Like Tree2Likes

Old 23-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by S205-FTW View Post
The door LEDs are pretty unreliable. I think I read on here that MB are on their third supplier.

Two of mine have gone and were replaced under warranty. Unfortunately they are a slightly different colour (some are more purple than white). Doesn't bother me too much but I can imagine it would really wind up others.
Thats why the guy in work had all 4 replaced rather than just one, it was MB Chester he went to and them that suggested to replace all 4 for this reason.
Aletank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W205 Estate Sport Prem+
Yeah, I didn't realise until one evening after I got it back. I just assumed it would be like for like.

Still in warranty so could get them to sort it on my next dealer visit. Definitely not worth a special journey.

As it happens it's going in next week for acoustic glass and a redesigned door seal to be fitted. Much more of an issue for me than door LEDs a few Kelvins off.
S205-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 30-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #18
Threadstarter

Car: 2016 C250 Sport Premium - Polar White
Well my car is in with the dealership today. A quick test drive with the mechanic and he didn't feel the gear box was untoward although I have to admit it seemed fine to be too. I've been given a GLA 220D auto as a courtesy car. Different car I know but the engine and gear box seems far more refined and smooth compared to my c250.

Maybe that's just the difference in model. I'm no expert.

Will see how it drives later after various software updates etc
GazB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GazB For This Useful Post:
Aletank (30-01-2017)

Tags
advice, faults, gearbox, w205