Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Greyman63

Old 11-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

Car: CLS55
Thumbs up Winter Check - Check!

Had my free winter check done today which was good. Flagged up a leaking gearbox and that I'll need new rubber on the rears soon...but on the plus side the car was washed and I got a free fleece blanket!

It was a first class service from Mercedes and no complaints from me on that!

I recently discovered that the car had DRL! Tried to take a picture but it doesn't do them justice. Think they add a whole new element to the car! These are the lights that swap between DRL and fogs so best of both worlds.

Whats the general thought on the service that's due...

MB say its a Service A + Spark plugs + Gearbox service
Indi say Service B (no sparks) + Gearbox service

Sparks were replaced mid 2013.

After looking at the service history the woman at the indi said that in her 12 years there she has never seen a car like this have such a complete history...so thanks whitenemesis
whitenemesis likes this.
Greyman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
Spark plugs are every 50k miles or 4 years IIRC. I'd take your indi's advice.
AMGeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AMGeed For This Useful Post:
Greyman63 (11-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W212 AMG Sport
I took mine in for a winter check before christmas too. Whilst trying their various biscuits in the waiting area they sent me a text with a video link which showed a technician doing a visual check on my car along with some detailed commentary. Very professional.
ph47mf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus 2017 Iridium Silver over Black Nappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph47mf View Post
I took mine in for a winter check before christmas too. Whilst trying their various biscuits in the waiting area they sent me a text with a video link which showed a technician doing a visual check on my car along with some detailed commentary. Very professional.
Wow, which dealership was that? Mind you they could have a viewing window or live CCTV coverage.
gr1nch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr1nch
Wow, which dealership was that? Mind you they could have a viewing window or live CCTV coverage.
Most do that mine does, VW also does it
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #6
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2012 Facelift C350 Sport Saloon with M276 petrol engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph47mf
I also had mine checked just before Christmas. No blankets left so they gave me a very posh thermos flask. The next day I received by email a video of part of the check; not all that informative but still a nice touch. (They also did a good job of cleaning my filthy car!)
knighterrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, cls55, drl, service, winter, winter check