Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ash59fifty-uk

Old 24-12-2016, 12:53 AM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: GLE, AMG Line
Question Service plan discounts

Hello

Made a couple of mistakes

1 - Not ask for a service plan discount when i bought my brand new gle in April

2 - The so-called Balck Friday sales i noted a 150 discount, decided against it

Are there any new offers out there, or did you manage to get one after buying your new car?

I misread initially what service plans included - now know it incs the plugs, brake fluid every 2 yrs

Thanks
MSG2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 01:22 AM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Every year you mean (mainly)

Also includes paint protection and roadside recovery included. With discount on any parts needed whilst found during a service (if they notice anything during inspections)

What's due first, A or a B? I'd personally pay up front for an A, then sign up for a three year plan to get two expensive services and a cheap one, more for your money (B-A-B)

Oh and a free courtesy car is quite common too
Peter103, GLK and gr1nch like this.
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ash59fifty-uk For This Useful Post:
MSG2004 (24-12-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 24-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: c200cdi
Paint protection and Recovery etc(Mobilo) are included with an MB service history, if you decide not to go the service plan route, and pay as you go.
geraldrobins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W211 E320 Sport
Happy to go pay as you go with the E-Class, always supplied the oil myself (from Mercedes-Benz Newcastle) and saved 85 on each service plus 10-15% off as a loyalty discount. If you have a good relationship with a dealer you can do better than the service plans. I sure have
M11GUL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M11GUL For This Useful Post:
MSG2004 (24-12-2016)
Old 24-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #5
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C43 AMG Estate (01/17)
There's a similar current Thread on this entitled ''C43 Service Plan'' however still not convinced that a Service Plan actually saves you real money you just think you are saving because you have paid for it in advance but I like the idea of paying for the 1st service -which assume is not much more than an oil change?- and then taking out a SP for the B-A-B but assume monthly cost will be much greater if you do? As for Paint Protection and Recovery mine will be a brand new car so this will be part of the 3 year warranty entitlements.
DRIVER200 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DRIVER200 For This Useful Post:
MSG2004 (24-12-2016)
Old 24-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #6
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C Class, W205 Sport 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER200 View Post
There's a similar current Thread on this entitled ''C43 Service Plan'' however still not convinced that a Service Plan actually saves you real money you just think you are saving because you have paid for it in advance but I like the idea of paying for the 1st service -which assume is not much more than an oil change?- and then taking out a SP for the B-A-B but assume monthly cost will be much greater if you do? As for Paint Protection and Recovery mine will be a brand new car so this will be part of the 3 year warranty entitlements.
Provided you take out a service plan before the car is 1 year old, you get a cheaper price, but that means having the first service done a little earlier. From memory for the C Class, when I took out the plan, the costs were 31/m against 34/m. Not sure about discounted repairs like brakes, etc, though! Maybe still need to negotiate.

Ernie
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

An 'A' service first, doing about 8k a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash59fifty-uk View Post
Every year you mean (mainly)

Also includes paint protection and roadside recovery included. With discount on any parts needed whilst found during a service (if they notice anything during inspections)

What's due first, A or a B? I'd personally pay up front for an A, then sign up for a three year plan to get two expensive services and a cheap one, more for your money (B-A-B)

Oh and a free courtesy car is quite common too

Many thanks never that that was possible, v helpful.
Old 24-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Provided you take out a service plan before the car is 1 year old, you get a cheaper price, but that means having the first service done a little earlier. From memory for the C Class, when I took out the plan, the costs were 31/m against 34/m. Not sure about discounted repairs like brakes, etc, though! Maybe still need to negotiate.

Ernie

Thanks

V helpful and I thought about this as I responsed to the first poster that helped here. Makes sense, but as most say, first service is just an oil change really

Need to take the car dwn re front sensors, not recently palyed up, but will get looked at and car was reg brand new april 4th i think and my mistake for not spending a few more mins with the dealer

Thanks all again

Merry Christams

Tags
discounts, plan, service