Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk


General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #16
Member
 
ianw19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: W212
Posts: 62
I've recently switched from 18s with wider at the back to 17s same size - 245/45. I fitted Pirelli 210s. In general driving they don't feel much different to the P-Zeros I have on my 18s. Most winter driving in this country will be in the wet with occasional snow, so I preferred not to reduce the width. 245/45 R17s were in my manual.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
ianw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
 
st13phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Oxfordshire
Car: His - Diamond White W212 E63 Biturbo with Night Package / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Posts: 5,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
I'm using the new Continental TS-860s this year.
Having used - and been impressed by - Conti TS830P's in the past, I was interested in trying the TS860's on my E63, but they don't seem to be available in the required size(s)

I'd be interested in hearing how you found them to perform when you've run them through the winter season.
st13phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 30-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Yorkshire
Car: C350e Estate with a posh clock
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by st13phil View Post
Having used - and been impressed by - Conti TS830P's in the past, I was interested in trying the TS860's on my E63, but they don't seem to be available in the required size(s)

I'd be interested in hearing how you found them to perform when you've run them through the winter season.
I'll certainly report back. All positive so far.
CaptainChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:
st13phil (30-11-2016)
Old 30-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: W213 220d AMG P+
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
Run flats on 19 inchers. OMG ; is that standard?

I have genuine MB winters on my W212. On their own allots. Means I can DIY swap tyres when I want. They make a massive difference in grip when cold. In standing snow that care is undrivable without them
Yeah, the w213 AMG line now come with 19 inch run flats as standard. There's now nothing at all under the boot floor, no jack, no inflation can. The rears are 275 wide! I was really torn over whether to go for AMG or se as I was worried about the ride but the new E class rides so well anyway that those horribly stiff tyres just makes it ride as well as my old w212 hybrid on 17 inch pillows! And it was the only way to get the (fake) leather dash top which in my eyes really sets the interior off. Weird speccing on UK cars imo.
Proeliator2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #20
Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 2011 E220 CDI
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
Run flats on 19 inchers. OMG ; is that standard?

I have genuine MB winters on my W212. On their own allots. Means I can DIY swap tyres when I want. They make a massive difference in grip when cold. In standing snow that care is undrivable without them
What make/size?
telu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #21
Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 2011 E220 CDI
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw19 View Post
I've recently switched from 18s with wider at the back to 17s same size - 245/45. I fitted Pirelli 210s. In general driving they don't feel much different to the P-Zeros I have on my 18s. Most winter driving in this country will be in the wet with occasional snow, so I preferred not to reduce the width. 245/45 R17s were in my manual.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
So you followed the manual... I might do the same...
telu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tyres, w212, winter


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:46 AM.


MB club UK is A Mercedes Enthusiast club run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, MBClub UK is in no way affiliated with Mercedes-Benz, DaimlerChrysler or any of their respective trademarks. The posted views of our members are in no way the views of MBClub.co.uk or its owners.
Find us on Google+