Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Like Tree38Likes

Old 28-11-2016, 10:26 PM   #106
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2013/63 C216 CL500
That's a shame. The Alpina B10 V8 is a great car!

Really comfortable and great to drive.

Not in the same league as an M5 - much softer in fact but still does the figures at 350BHP (or 375BHP for the V8S).

This was my one:

John Jones Jr likes this.
JohnEBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #107
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLK 320 CDi Sport
That's beautiful mate....how come you sold her? The one I was going to buy with identical but Stratus Grey.

After wanting an E39 M5 for so long...I think the way prices are going, they are sadly out of reach for me. Shame as they still look great today.
RSTurbo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 28-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #108
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTurbo50 View Post
That's beautiful mate....how come you sold her? The one I was going to buy with identical but Stratus Grey.

After wanting an E39 M5 for so long...I think the way prices are going, they are sadly out of reach for me. Shame as they still look great today.
I bought it two weeks before getting the opportunity to buy the house to which that driveway belongs.

Supplying dealer offered me 6k less to buy it back two weeks later!

Suffice to say I kept it for 15 months but decided then that 100 in fuel was probably a bit of a needless extravagance when money wasn't exactly in abundance - sold it privately in the end.

I love that Stratus Grey colour - I think it is the best colour for the E39 sports and Alpinas - assuming this is it?

Old 28-11-2016, 11:23 PM   #109
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by a111r View Post
The truth is that any 210 is now a 'project' that will cost much, in terms of DIY time or cash, often both.

Only mad folk have them...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...1211236299.htm
Pontoneer likes this.
WDB124066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #110
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLK 320 CDi Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEBoy View Post
I bought it two weeks before getting the opportunity to buy the house to which that driveway belongs.

Supplying dealer offered me 6k less to buy it back two weeks later!

Suffice to say I kept it for 15 months but decided then that 100 in fuel was probably a bit of a needless extravagance when money wasn't exactly in abundance - sold it privately in the end.

I love that Stratus Grey colour - I think it is the best colour for the E39 sports and Alpinas - assuming this is it?

Indeed that is the exact car. Ended up being bought by a trader on the Wirral who made a couple of grand on it...still very gutted to this day that I never bought it.
RSTurbo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #111
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 190E 2.0, E220 CDI estate
Don't confuse reliability and rust! Both W210's I owned were very dependable, almost as good as my 190E. To keep the 190 rust free all I seem to have to is give the underneath a light jet wash after each winter. It's only needed two small patches welded at the end of the sills. W210's... not so easy!

This was my E39, lovely car but a bit of a money pit! Miss the sound of the V8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (145.7 KB, 7 views)
horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #112
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Just to clarify:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEBoy View Post
Suffice to say I kept it for 15 months but decided then that 100 in fuel per week was probably a bit of a needless extravagance when money wasn't exactly in abundance - sold it privately in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTurbo50 View Post
Indeed that is the exact car. Ended up being bought by a trader on the Wirral who made a couple of grand on it...still very gutted to this day that I never bought it.
Lovely car. Looks like just the grey version of mine. Those "Comfort Seats" were standard in the Alpina and were immensely comfortable - probably the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

As for reliability - I owned it from 3 years > 4 years 3 months old so I can't comment on them really.

I don't suppose they are cheap to run but what German prestige vehicles are? I don't think I've ever had a cheap one and I've had a few of all different ages.

Tags
w210, worth