Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dirk u

Old 29-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #1

Boot leak ml420 cdi

Hello all just notice I have a slight water leak lower boot on my w164 is this a common issue on this vehicle ? Anyone who can help in regards to a remedy would be much appreciated

Best regards dirk
Lotusbenz likes this.
Dirk u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #2

Car: ML420CDi
Hi Dirk. I'm looking for the same answers as you. There are some threads on the forum but no definitive answers on how to address the issue, which is a known problem on the ML series which affects the rear Signal Acquisition Module.

BB
bassbaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #3

Car: ML420CDi
I've posted the fix that worked for me here - hope it helps http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodyw...oot-fixed.html
bassbaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Various Mercs come and go
Rear light unit's leak water due to poor seals.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #5
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: ML 320 W164
Definately worth properly sealing both rear light clusters.

They say to find the most efficient way of doing a job, ask a lazy person, so with this in mind, I asked myself!

I concluded that a good scrub of the edges of the light clusters with an old toothbrush, followed with some black silicon seal (smoothed over with the traditional wet finger) gave a finish that was actually better than standard. More importantly, fixed my leak.

The whole job took less than 5 minutes for both sides, with no disassembly required..
PaulG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #6
Auhorised Forum Sponsor

Car: C63 Wagon in black
If you have an auto opening tailgate be careful the drive unit sat in the underside of the trunk hasn't got caked in water.
WG M-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot, cdi, leak, ml420