Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > General > General Discussion
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

General Discussion General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Old 27-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #1

Car: currently looking for a CLS
Just need some help on removing number plate on 2006 S Class

Hi, can someone please advise how I remove the number plate from the front of a 2006 S Class.

The numberplate sits inside a plastic frame on the front and rear bumper. The frame has little platic holders to keep the plate in place. I almost broke one trying to take numberplate out. Thought I had better ask here.

thank you for your time
xcapade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2005 E320 CDI Avantgarde Estate
There are different types of numberplate holder around, so posting a picture may help a bit. However, on those I fitted to me last car, there was a little slot on the bottom lip - you slid a screwdriver or the little plastic tool provided down the front of the numberplate and into the slot, this then released the inner frame holding the plate.
GordonTarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2006, class, number, plate, removing