Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Engine
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Engine Engine/transmission and other oily matters

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: ( )
Quote:
Originally Posted by slostuk View Post
Unfortunately the car was recovered be Mercedes Roadside Assist to the supplying retailer.
But you could arrange to recover it to another garage if you should choose to. If you leave the car at the dealer then it will be eyewateringly expensive even with a discount.
Bobby Dazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W246
Obscenely expensive and, if you are not bound by any finance/lease clauses, an indie is a no-brainer. Insurance has been mentioned and a few policies do still cover misfuelling but I guess you will have checked that? I did the same thing once but, luckily, I only went a few yards before realising and the AA sorted it out for 200. It's just too easy a mistake to make when your mind is on other things.
ballance.robin likes this.
Wheelsnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #18

Car: Mercedes C270
Brother did this with the van (Sprinter),he put petrol in,from memory 15.I noticed what he had done,I told him fill up with diesel,no problem at all,Madam did the same,but again also realized what she had done,phoned me and said she had not started the engine,garage said they had a drain agent they use,I again just filled the tank with diesel,again no problem,no damage both vehicles still running ok.
QUTSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2x c43 Amg clio 172 turbo 314bhp
Replace fuel filter, blow lines back to tank and drain/clean the tank in that order.

Worry about any warranty claims when they arise, if anything your fuel system will be void, but I doubt that.
Auto-mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #20
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 Retrofitted by www.comandonline.co.uk
Some years ago I called KIA UK to ask whether their 7 years warranty will be affected by a missed service.

The very reasonable response was that it will only become an issue if the failed component can be linked to the missed service, e.g. turbo charger.

I would hope/expect that the situation with MB UK is the same. I.e., that this will only affect warranty claims that can be linked to the misfuelling issue.

So yes, your warranty will be affected, but this need not imply that you will have no warranty at all.

Either way, best confirm this directly with MB.
markjay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #21
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CL500 4.7 twin turbo
Even the fact it's on PCP is easily solved if MBFS got involved.

Just refinance though a bank loan (assuming credit rating suitable) and settle the PCP, then they have no say on where or how it is 'repaired'.

Of course you could do the minimum to return it to the road, and trade it in for something else. Even the loss using WBAC.com would be much much less than 10K.
HumberMart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a220, misfuel, question