Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Engine
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Engine Engine/transmission and other oily matters

Like Tree1Likes

Old 20-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: S212 E350 CDI Aantgarde Sport Estate
Yep
jon_viola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #17
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W211, W210
With plugged in star you'll see the fuel pressure during cold start, so fuel related problems can be ruled out if pressure stands above 200 bar in cranking. Again not warmish but cold engine!

MAF and cold start problems may not be related...
mersum1es is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mersum1es For This Useful Post:
jon_viola (21-01-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 21-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #18
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

I'll get it checked out asap!

Thanks for your help.
Old 23-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Just a thought but would an even slightly weak battery cause my cold start symptoms?
Old 24-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #20
Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car: C43 AMG with a 55 engine and supercharger, MK1 Caddy, S500, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_viola
Just a thought but would an even slightly weak battery cause my cold start symptoms?
Yes.

I would do a cold leak off check too.

Olly Jonson CM30 pumps in stock for 55k engines.

Prestige car Service: I am listed here on MBClub please click to see services and discounts available.
BlackC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackC55 For This Useful Post:
jon_viola (25-01-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #21
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Update time.

The MAF issue is still there. According to STAR it is present and correct and giving readings in range. However it is still throwing up the fault code. My Indy has checked and can so far find no problem with the wiring. Any suggestions?

The cold start issue is still present. I have run the car with 2 stroke added as recommended to try and clear the system out. Also have just done 600 m'way miles so should have cleared out the DPF etc. Now white smoke only appears out of the passenger side exhaust after start up but the car now starts 2nd turn of the key not the 4th!
Old 06-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #22

Car: E320 CDI V6 2007
Same P2644 unclearable

Hi there. I see this is an old post so hope you see this. I have the same unclearable P2644 code but I have no starting issues so it could well be unrelated. I recently had a different code reader translate P2644 as "Torque management feedback signal "B" high". I think this is a red herring as I don't think STAR would be wrong (Star reports LH mass meter signal too high). I have also swapped over the mass meters with no joy and had the new air filter adaptation done to no avail. I have continuity tested all the wiring from ECU to LH mass meter and all seems well. My MB Indy said if it drives ok then forget it. It does drive ok but I'm a little disappointed in the MPG....I get 30 - 35mpg for mixed driving but that probably for another thread. Please post if you manage to clear this code.

I had similar starting issues on an Audi A6 some years ago. It turned out to be a tiny leak in a fuel connection which only seemed to let air in (not fuel leaking out). Hence the fuel line had a bit of air in which auto-primed its way out during laborious starting. An easy way to test this theory (as I did) would be to see if there is a difference between cold starts when the tank is nearly empty and car pointing up a steep hill compared with a full tank and the car pointing down a steep hill. If it starts much better in the latter scenario then this could be your problem.
Trevor Webster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdi, cold, issue, start, w211