Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Electronics
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Electronics In-Car-Entertainment (ICE), satellite navigation, lighting and wiring

Old 26-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C220 CDI Sport Edition
Another W203 Audio 20 Upgrader

Now have a brand new CLC Audio 20 unit, and a slot with Alfie on Wednesday...

Let the modness begin (again)!
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #2

Hi there,

Where did you buy your Audio 20 CLC unit from? Looking to fit this unit into our vehicle for bluetooth connectivity.

What complications might such a retrofit pose? Looking forward to seeing the results of yours!
Mul. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

So the unit came from E-bay, there are units that appear in small volumes -

MODEL N0. MF2860 PART NO. A2038703594

From here, you will also need a wiring kit with the mic etc.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W203 last C Class & CLC, W209 CLK, W463 G :: A/B/CLC/ML/GL/R COMAND NTG2.5 (Hard Disk) retrofit kit - cars without phone.

There is a thread somewhere on here around the install, alternatively members - Alfie and Richard - provide excellent help.

Collectively, the aforementioned members are part of comand.co.uk

That's where I am off to tomorrow...
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Smile

So Alfie and Richard have worked their magic, and I now have the CLC Audio 20 unit fitted.

Whilst the car was in bits, an AUX IN was found and the appropriate cable fed to the Glove Box.

My HTC Desire connected first time, and the address book transferred straight over.

I'll post some pics shortly, but suffice to say it has become a complete facelift for the centre console.

I now have a colour display, MP3 playback from CD, and full control of the phone from the steering wheel buttons.

The CLC head unit was brand new, it was removed from a MY2010 CLC that had Comand retrofitted.

The complete cost for the head unit, cable set, and fitting came in at 600.

Once again my sincere thanks to Alfie and Richard for another job well done.
R2D2 (18-07-2010)
Old 18-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #5

Car: C220 CDI Coupe Sport Edition
I've noticed your post about the Audio 20 on ebay. This is something that I'd be quite interested in doing. Do you have any pics of your install? Also, my car already has the factory fitted phone kit so would the new system use that microphone in the rear view mirror? Is any coding or wiring required?

Thanks. Neil
sportedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
If you have phone pre-wire you would need the wiring kit below which will make use of the existing mic.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W203 last C Class & CLC, W209 CLK, W463 G :: A/B/CLC/ML/GL/R COMAND NTG2.5 (Hard Disk) retrofit kit - cars with phone.
npuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, upgrader, w203