Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Electronics
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Electronics In-Car-Entertainment (ICE), satellite navigation, lighting and wiring

Old 20-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #16
Dec
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C180,A. September '97 28k
That’s the factory fitted immobiliser below, if it has cut wires then the Scorpion alarm has been integrated into the factory fitted immobiliser. May be a similar set up to the guy in the video above in post #10.

That car came with the factory fitted immobiliser, the MB dealers then fitted Scorpion alarms, the Scorpion alarms (module) would also have an immobiliser BUT it may or may not have been integrated with the Mercedes factory fitted immobiliser. That’s where the cut wires come in.

Dec

Last edited by Dec; 20-12-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Dec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #17
Threadstarter

Car: W202 C200 Classic Auto
Brilliant stuff. I will take the panel off again and have another look at the modules under there. At least the panel is easy enough to take off

I will report back later.
Wigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 21-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #18
Threadstarter

Car: W202 C200 Classic Auto
Well....
I seem to have now removed the alarm box from the system without any catastrophic problems.

The immobiliser is right up behind the dash clocks as seen here in this picture...

And the main loom for this goes to what I would describe as a distribution box or similar as shown here....

The top connection goes to the immobiliser box and the lower connection goes to the alarm box behind the lower panel. Also there is a section of the lower connection wires that disappears behind the dash as can be seen (wires to siren??).
I couldn't find any trace of the cut wires at all in any of this mess either.

I removed the alarm box altogether because I don't like twisted together wires without proper connections. Made sure I pulled out the fuse so that the circuit is not live also..... fire waiting to happen in my opinion!

I'm also a bit concerned about this earth wire that has obviously been tampered with....

So... what else do I need to do for complete removal? Do I just unplug from the distribution box thing and chase it all back to the siren? Or is there more to it?

I have tested the immobiliser by removing one of the key blades from one of my keys.... I can happily say that it functions correctly. No chip key, no start!
At least that's a good thing.
Wigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #19
Dec
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C180,A. September '97 28k
It now appears the Scorpion alarm is in no way involved with immobilising the car, as was demonstrated when you were able to start the car while it was immobilised/locked...post#7.

The mirror Red LED is not working, maybe replacing or re-soldering might fix that, see thread below.
How to Dismantle a Rear view Mirror. (W202 C class)

Regarding removal of the whole system, I would leave the junction box alone, I think you just need to unplug/remove the alarm module, siren and motion detectors.
There will be an alarm pin switch for the bonnet, located perhaps at the bulk head.
The wires that disappears behind the dash would be wires going to the motion detectors and the siren.

The Brown earth wire was cut and rejoined so not an issue.

Dec
Dec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dec For This Useful Post:
Wigglesworth (21-12-2016)

Tags
alarm, issue, odd, w202