Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Electronics
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Electronics In-Car-Entertainment (ICE), satellite navigation, lighting and wiring

Old 17-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

Car: E55 amg
W210 electric mirror issue

Good evening all.......looking for some help please
I have a 99 E55 AMG with the following problem:
Once put into reverse the mirror will not dip to show the kerb. I have tried the rest procedure following the owners manual and from various Internet forums etc. Nothing happens it just won't remember.
I also have memory seats and the mirrors will not change when when any of the memory buttons are pushed. The steering wheel and seats alter as per the memory.
The drivers mirror is also auto dimming and this works fine, the near side is non dimming and from research this seems correct.
Both mirrors adjust, however the near side adjust up and down the wrong way.....down is up and vice versa (off side perfect). I have checked the wiring both ends and as they are plug and play the are plugged in correctly. I have no idea why this is the case so I'm at a loss.

If anyone can shed some light or any suggestions I would be very grateful

Many thanks

Ian
Hatton955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
I suppose you are leaving the passenger side mirror selected on the adjuster switch when you select reverse? sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs.
Regarding the door mirror, is the up/down, in/out adjustment been like it since you have had the car? If so you can change it, I had this on my 202 (same mirrors as a 210), you need to swap the polarity of the mirror adjustment motor, the easiest place to do this is the mirror plug where it plugs into the car. If you remove the glass and sight the wiring plug into the mirror adjustment motor, their are three cables in it, trace the two outside ones to the main mirror plug and swap the pins over in the plug.
Current,W202,grn/blk met 1997"P"C230K, Sport, manual ,152,000 miles,Lorinser/Bilstein shox, C43 AMG Electric Leather, electric rear blind K&N,Illuminated sills, MB Illuminated Mirror Sun Visors, auto dimming RVM. Also Current, W202,grn/blk met 1999"T"C43 AMG Sport, Parktronic,Retro fitted so far,W210 face lift mirrors, MB Illuminated Mirror Sun Visors, electric rear blind, auto dimming RVM, OEM colour coded door handles, headlamp wash/wipe, and OEM Zenons c/w levelling.
andy27168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 17-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #3
Threadstarter

Hi Andy
Many thanks for the reply.....I should have mentioned I did have the switch on the correct side....but thank you for suggesting it.
I'll have a look at the wiring as you suggest.....much appreciated
Cheers
Old 20-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
Threadstarter

Hi Guys
Anyone help??

Thanks

Tags
electric, issue, mirror, w210