Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Electronics
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Electronics In-Car-Entertainment (ICE), satellite navigation, lighting and wiring

Old 18-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #1

Car: Clk240
Open bonnet warning / open door alarm gone

A few seconds after starting my car the main circular display in my dashboard went red saying the bonnet was open. I got out pressed down on the bonnet and checked it was closed. Got back in, warning was off, proceeded journey. A few seconds later the car starts beeping for a few seconds. No other problems.

The day after I checked the front bonnet sensor and cleaned out a little black dirt on it. No warning lights on now, even when they should be on because bonnet/doors/trunk are open and engine is running. Alarm for any open doors seems to be gone.

I checked the fusebox instructions but there is no mention of any fuses for these systems.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks
2003clk240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
Dec
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C180,A. September '97 28k
Faulty car alarm?

Dec
Dec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
On my CLS the dash only goes red when the car is moving with the door/boot/bonnet open, I think that is the way it is supposed to work.
Have you tried driving slowly forward with door/bonnet/boot open and seeing what if anything it is doing now?
andy27168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLK350, Nissan GTiR
I can't say I've ever noticed a warning message about the doors or boot being open, but as above they're generally not open when the car is moving (so with engine running, let wife out and press boot release button).
PobodY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 01:56 AM   #5
Threadstarter

Car: Clk240
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy27168 View Post
Hi,
On my CLS the dash only goes red when the car is moving with the door/boot/bonnet open, I think that is the way it is supposed to work.
Have you tried driving slowly forward with door/bonnet/boot open and seeing what if anything it is doing now?
Hi, thanks for your contribution. I tried opening the door when driving at about 40km/h and the open door warning did show up. I also opened the bonnet whilst driving into the garage and the warning also showed up. So everything seems to be working now. Maybe the original open bonnet warning just happened because the metal sensor was a little dirty (or maybe because it had been raining a little - I have a feeling that humidity sometimes has strange consequences to the car's electrical system). Based on what you say and what I tried today, maybe these warnings only happen if you are driving at a minimum speed (no idea which).
2003clk240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, bonnet, door, open, warning