Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Electronics
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Electronics In-Car-Entertainment (ICE), satellite navigation, lighting and wiring

Old 21-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #1

Car: W209 CLK 2003
2003 CLK Intermittent Key Problem W209

Hi, my newly acquired CLK seems to only be unlocking and locking via the key intermittently. I have changed the batteries and the fob light is coming on with every press but I have to be very close to the car and still sometimes it doesn't work any ideas? Thanks in advance
pingupro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

Car: SL500 (2003) (R230) E220CDI (2009) (W211)
I'm having exactly the same problem with my SL500 (R230, 230). What was the outcome with your car? I appreciate this is a very old thread, but I assume you're up and running again!
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 22-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Uky

Car: C207
If and when you eventually can open the door, try to drive away to a place just outside of the city/village and try again. If it works there, you are having problem with interference. Not to uncommon, since the band is shared with quite a few other services. If the range is still way too short, it cannot be ruled out the remote key receiver is malfunctioning.
Uky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003, clk, intermittent, key, problem, w209