Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Electronics
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Electronics In-Car-Entertainment (ICE), satellite navigation, lighting and wiring

Old 16-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #1

Car: W203 C Class
C class w203 phone connection help please.

Hi all.....

I have a w203 with telephone controls on the steering wheel and also radio as standard. But how do I get my phone to work with this? The car as far as I know has not been pre-wired, I spoke to mercedes who put me through to a company called braybrooks. They told me the cheapest option was to buy the clc Bluetooth radio that will solve the problem at a price of around 420 :/

Surley there is a cheaper option, for example a parrot, but would both my controls on the steering wheel and radio work with something like this?

Many thanks

James
jameshaydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
The buttons dont mean anything all cars have the buttons, to use the phone you need phone pre-wire, it was a factory option.

If you dont have phone pre-wire it can be retrofitted but it isnt cheap. The official retrofit will still require a cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Phone-retrofit-kit-MOST-based-cars.html

Or there is an aftermarket option the Fiscon Pro kit which works out cheaper and works exactly the same as MB phone pre-wire but wont require a cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Fiscon-Pro-Mercedes.html

Other option is upgrade to later MY09> Audio 20 NTG2.5 unit or Comand NTG2.5, both of which have full bluetooth connectivity built in so no pre-wire or cradle needed.

Or fit an aftermarket bluetooth solution to the current stereo like Parott or Bury. Go to the relevant manufacturers website and it will tell you if there kit will work with steering controls in your model / year of car.
Cosmos Black A180 CDI Avantgarde SE Autotronic | Luxury Package | Luxury Climate Control | Seat Comfort Package| Light & Sight Package | Electric Folding Door Mirrors | Quick Park | Speedtronic | Sports Suspension |
Mods: 17" AMG III Alloys | Roof Spoiler | BRABUS Exhaust | Stainless Steel Pedal Covers | Comand NTG 2.5 | DVD Headrests | Rear View Camera | Illuminated Door Sills |
npuk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to npuk For This Useful Post:
eugekav (16-06-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Threadstarter

Wow! That isnt cheap! I could get the clc radio for around that price, which would give me better sound and a nicer visual look also. Plus I guess I could sell my old radio making a little bit of money back?

I will look into how much a parrot or bury will cost as you suggested

Much appreciated
Old 16-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

CLC Audio 20 NTG2.5 tends to go for anything between 100 - 200 on ebay. MERCEDES CLC (W203) AUDIO 20 CD CHANGER BLUETOOTH (NEW) | eBay UK

Plus you will need Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: A/B/CLC/ML/GL/R COMAND NTG2.5 (Hard Disk) retrofit kit - cars without phone.

Last edited by npuk; 16-06-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 17-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #5
Threadstarter

Thanks for that, so im looking at around 230.... how much would some1 want to fit this though please?

also what audio is the standard one i have in my w203? so i can get a rough price of what it is worth....

many thanks
Old 17-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Alfie / Richard can install it for you, they are based in Surrey, email comand online for a price.

I assume you just have a cd/radio so you will have the older audio 20.
Old 17-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by npuk View Post
Alfie / Richard can install it for you, they are based in Surrey, email comand online for a price.

I assume you just have a cd/radio so you will have the older audio 20.
thanks mate ..... sorry, what do you mean by email command?

i am currenty bidding on the link you sent for the bluetooth audio 20
Old 17-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W164 ML350 Audi S4
He means look here:-
Comand (Europe) Ltd

Long term members of this forum
nigel cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Email them or use the contact form on their website to get a fitting price, you wont be able to PM yet.
Old 17-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
Threadstarter

thanks guys
Old 17-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #11

Car: C 220 CDI SE Coupe 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshaydon View Post
thanks mate ..... sorry, what do you mean by email command?

i am currenty bidding on the link you sent for the bluetooth audio 20
lol, I'll dip out of this auction then to a fellow forumite . I've lost 4 of these by about 1.00 each time as I've not been in when the bidding ends. Good luck with your bidding, you're doing exactly what I want to do with mine. Same seller too... I have the Parrot MK9100, it works well enough but I'd like to go the route you're going for aestheitcs & steering wheel controls though.
smudgelab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class, connection, phone, w203