Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > Technical > Bodywork
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

Bodywork Paint care, corrosion, bodykits and spoilers

Old 06-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #1

Just had the active bonnet management function warning flash up on my dash board.
I've had no bumps or crashes and it came on whilst driving.
Can anybody shed any light on this ? Is it safe to drive ?
Car is a w212 220 Cdi e class.

Thanks
Dave
ozthecoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Threadstarter

Interestingly enough the message cancelled after approx 10 miles of driving and is not stored in the service / alert part if the menu

Hmmmmm ?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Threadstarter

And it's back again.

Any comments ?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200CDI Estate
The active bonnet system comprises three impact sensors in the front section of the car and special bonnet hinges which are pretensioned and locked into place with strong springs. The sensors signal a collision with a pedestrian to the electronic control unit, which immediately activates two electromagnets in the hinges. These electromagnets release the lock, allowing the spring action to raise the rear of the bonnet by 50 mm. This whole process takes only a fraction of a second.

I would suspect some form of intermittent electrical glitch causing a fault to be registered. Quite possibly a known "gremlin" your MB dealer should be able to assist may------- just require a minor adjustment.

edit :---there is a reset procedure evidently------- http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...otorraum9.html

Last edited by grober; 06-06-2013 at 09:38 PM.
grober is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grober For This Useful Post:
ozthecoz (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
Threadstarter

Shall have a look at that in the morn though I think an electrical gremlin sounds about right as the warning went again pretty soon after and snt showing.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:10 AM   #6

Car: E coupe 350cdi
Hi Any News about this? i've found a reset procedure you can DIY, pretty easy but did not work for me .. so hoping you guys have some new insights

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
gmahadew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active, bonnet, mafdunction, management, w212