Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > ------> Mercedes Performance > AMG Lounge
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

AMG Lounge
For the tuning of AMG Lorinser WALD Hamann Brabus Carlsson Vaeth Kleeman Renntech Mosselman Volstrom Weistec as well as Tuning and Eurocharged Mercedes remap

Old 22-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C43 AMG Estate (Maybe!!)
C43 AMG Service cost

I know its early days -haven't even got my car yet!!- but what sort of money would the 1st and 2nd service cost thought I read somewhere 1st would be around 420 but might pay to shop around? Was considering the taking out a Service Plan but probably will leave the money in the bank.
DRIVER200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Mercedes CLA45
Not sure how much help it is but I just got my CLA45 serviced for 405, first service at 10k
DannyHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23-12-2016, 12:08 AM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Service plan works out cheaper
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 01:13 AM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: ( )
Speak to your dealer no do pricing on a service contract and for the first 2/3/4 years of servicing and make your choice. I had one of ML63s serviced today for 100, as I supplied the oil. That was at the main dealer too.
Bobby Dazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

How does it work out cheaper? and don't quite understand Bobby Dazzler's comment above. Assume would pay around 40 per month so that would cover each service at a cost of around 400 a time interesting to see if you supply your own oil in drops down to around 100!! Mercedes must charge mega money for their oil then?
Old 23-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dazzler View Post
Speak to your dealer no do pricing on a service contract and for the first 2/3/4 years of servicing and make your choice. I had one of ML63s serviced today for 100, as I supplied the oil. That was at the main dealer too.
Looks like I managed to delete a chunk of text. Try again:

Speak to your dealer and ask for pricing on a service contract, and then ask for how much it would cost to pay for each service (including additional items) as they fall due for the first 2/3/4 years (to match contract duration), and then make your choice.

I had one of ML63s serviced today for 100, as I supplied the oil. That was at the main dealer too.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #7
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER200
each service at a cost of around 400
And the rest lol!

400 for a minor A service possibly, what about the B service
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #8
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Is the price of a Service Plan negotiable?
Old 23-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER200 View Post
How does it work out cheaper? and don't quite understand Bobby Dazzler's comment above. Assume would pay around 40 per month so that would cover each service at a cost of around 400 a time interesting to see if you supply your own oil in drops down to around 100!! Mercedes must charge mega money for their oil then?
Service contracts sometimes work out cheaper than the fully loaded list price, it protects you from price increases, and enables you to pay monthly rather than take less frequent bigger hits.

I can see why that might be attractive for people who pay for their car monthly over a relatively short fixed term, like a lease or PCP. For that reason I had a full maintenance contract (including tyres) on an Audi I leased, and it was good value, albeit the car was stolen before it was ever maintained!

I had a service contract for an ML270 years ago, and started it close to the end of the manufacturers warranty, as back then the Mercedes service contracts included repairs, including wear and tear!

However unless there's a killer deal, like the two I've mentioned above, I prefer to cut a deal with a main dealer who needs to fill ramps, or more likely I've built up a good relationship with. It's surprising what the of deal you can bag if you're nice, be flexible on timings and ask for a deal.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:57 AM   #10

Car: AMG GLC 43
I've got a GLC 43 and I had a call from MB recently offering a discounted service plan of 26 per month which I thought was very good, she checked and said it comes under a normal service plan even though it's a 43. A friend has the diesel and is paying 30 a month!
Luddo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #11
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C270CDi Estate (2004 facelift model)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddo27 View Post
I've got a GLC 43 and I had a call from MB recently offering a discounted service plan of 26 per month which I thought was very good, she checked and said it comes under a normal service plan even though it's a 43. A friend has the diesel and is paying 30 a month!
It is the same price for GLC regardless of whether it's AMG or not - 35/mth if less than 12mths old.

I haven't heard of the plans being discounted before and that's a hefty drop - can I ask who called you, was it the dealer or MB themselves?
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #12

Car: AMG GLC 43
It was the dealer who called me.
Luddo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luddo27 For This Useful Post:
Rory (05-01-2017)

Tags
amg, c43, cost, service