Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > ------> Mercedes Performance > AMG Lounge
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

AMG Lounge For the tuning of AMG Lorinser WALD Hamann Brabus Carlsson Vaeth Kleeman Renntech Mosselman Volstrom Weistec as well as Tuning and Eurocharged Mercedes remap

Like Tree1Likes

Old 06-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #16
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: ML63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMM View Post
Got stung for the ATF change 12 months ago at the last service, so all should be good there?
I also had the AC condenser changed under warranty about 4 months ago, and there was no mention of any oil leaks at that time.
Plus, there's no sign of anything having dripped onto the drive where it's parked, despite what looks like quite a bit of oil under the car in the video (link above)
Hi,
I would be inclined to try and clean all the oil off and see how long it takes for some more to appear.
That will give you an indication of how bad the leak is - and confirm whether the dealer is pulling a fast one (putting oil on outside of transmission to masquerade as a leak!).
Cheers
Steve
Steveml63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #17

Car: C63
My 2012 model had this issue , it was spotted at service time . Fixed under warranty which had only a week left ! Said they had to drop the gearbox out . Got it back inside 2 days , good work MB Southend
Captain Smerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #18
Threadstarter

Car: C63 Saloon
This is what I'm being told at the moment (drop and strip the gearbox to diagnose the problem) although initial comment was that "seals" are not covered under warranty.
I think I might have to disagree... or go to a different dealer !
RickMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, leak, transmission