Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > ------> Mercedes Performance > AMG Lounge
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

AMG Lounge For the tuning of AMG Lorinser WALD Hamann Brabus Carlsson Vaeth Kleeman Renntech Mosselman Volstrom Weistec as well as Tuning and Eurocharged Mercedes remap

Like Tree8Likes

Old 29-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: Cls63amg 702bhp/Atom3
New forum member with a CLS63 AMG

Hello everyone, I'm Matt from nth Birmingham/Staffs and the proud owner of a 2012 CLS63 Amg and absolutely loving it. I've only had the car 4 days, in fact I signed up to the forum over a week ago as I was going to ask you guys for some advice and to have a look at it advertised and tell me what you think however despite clicking the conformation email I couldn't get to post. I contacted the admin twice but no one bothered to reply. Hey ho, I've made a new account and here I am and trusted myself to buy the car.

I've always been a BMW man (flame suit on) but there is no exhaust note on the earth than that of a C63

So the car has been serviced (not main dealer) by the garage I bought it from however the brake discs look a tiny bit scored so I may change these in the spring when I've got a bit of spare cash.

Now Porsches and Bmws I could bore you for hours but I really have no clue about CLS63's! If anyone can tip me on things to look out for/watch then it would be most appreciated. Also I'm after a set of AMG mats front and rear, would this be main dealer only?

Also I wouldn't mind getting a remap (nothing massive, just a tweak), would this invalidate the warranty? (I had a remapped Porsche 911 but Porsche still did warranty work on the car even though they knew about the map)

Oh, and is it a W219? It's a 2012. I'm no good with W numbers!

Right, I'll stop rambling and I've taken a few pics and some questions down below if I may...

Ok, is there any way of knowing the difference between genuine rims and replicas?

And what does this warning mean below and what does the cup of coffee mean? (Or is it a cup of earl grey?)

There isn't a manual in the glove box so I'll be looking for one of those.
Aibonator likes this.
Doc matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
I'm pretty sure that ILS message means it's set for left hand drive traffic (driving on the right hand side, opposite traffic to the left)

Think you can change that in the menus
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Popped into BMTR in Birmingham this morning to get the car on the ramp. Chap there said brake discs have a little lip around the edge but nothing major and plenty of pad left.

Despite good tyre wear there was a chunk out both front tyres so had to get them changed which was a bit of a wounder, never noticed when I looked at the car.

Treated the car to a geometry and a forced balance test (such a good idea to do forced balance, the new front tyres actually failed the test and they had to take them off and put a different set on)

3 hours in total, 150. Well worth the money.
Old 29-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash59fifty-uk View Post
I'm pretty sure that ILS message means it's set for left hand drive traffic (driving on the right hand side, opposite traffic to the left)

Think you can change that in the menus
Cool, thanks

I'm desperate to get a manual for it though...
Old 29-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 190E
Hi Matt, and welcome. You have a nice looking W218 there, they went backwards in 2011 from the earlier W219.

You should have an interactive manual in the form of a CD, activated via the service menu in COMAND.

I'll let someone else answer the mapping and other questions, in the meantime, just enjoy the car for now.
daveenty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daveenty For This Useful Post:
Doc matt (21-04-2017)
Old 29-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc matt View Post
Hello everyone, I'm Matt from nth Birmingham/Staffs and the proud owner of a 2012 CLS63 Amg and absolutely loving it. I've only had the car 4 days, in fact I signed up to the forum over a week ago as I was going to ask you guys for some advice and to have a look at it advertised and tell me what you think however despite clicking the conformation email I couldn't get to post. I contacted the admin twice but no one bothered to reply. Hey ho, I've made a new account and here I am and trusted myself to buy the car.

I've always been a BMW man (flame suit on) but there is no exhaust note on the earth than that of a C63

So the car has been serviced (not main dealer) by the garage I bought it from however the brake discs look a tiny bit scored so I may change these in the spring when I've got a bit of spare cash.

Now Porsches and Bmws I could bore you for hours but I really have no clue about CLS63's! If anyone can tip me on things to look out for/watch then it would be most appreciated. Also I'm after a set of AMG mats front and rear, would this be main dealer only?

Also I wouldn't mind getting a remap (nothing massive, just a tweak), would this invalidate the warranty? (I had a remapped Porsche 911 but Porsche still did warranty work on the car even though they knew about the map)

Oh, and is it a W219? It's a 2012. I'm no good with W numbers!

Right, I'll stop rambling and I've taken a few pics and some questions down below if I may...

Ok, is there any way of knowing the difference between genuine rims and replicas?

And what does this warning mean below and what does the cup of coffee mean? (Or is it a cup of earl grey?)

There isn't a manual in the glove box so I'll be looking for one of those.
Welcome to the forum

Nice model you chose to start your MB ownership with.
The AMG mats will probably be main dealer only unless someone has a set on eBay. Your model CLS is a W218 incidentally.

You live pretty close to MSL in Birmingham who would be happy to remap your car to approx 700bhp with just a map only. Give Acid a call there and he'll advise you on cost and expectations. (07765 444 447)
MSL Performance
If you had to make a claim for an engine repair your warranty would be affected as it seems to be agreed that the dealership can tell if its been mapped.

To find out whether you rims are genuine or not, whip one off and look for a number beginning with A218 stamped into the rear of a spoke along with the ET.

Again eBay is your best bet for a user manual.

At some point in life, everyone has gambled on a fart and lost.
AMGeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Great! Thanks very much.
Old 29-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #8
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

And the coffee cup symbol?
Old 29-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #9
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W218 CLS63 AMG
Hi Matt,

Looks a lovely example and exactly what I am after. Is this the car that Sterling had for sale?

Cheers Jules
Cyclone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C220 CDI sport, W204 C350 CDI Sport, W212 E350 CDI Sport and Now E63 AMG 6.3 AMG PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc matt View Post
And the coffee cup symbol?
Hi, Matt, you have got a beautiful amg monster and white is one of my best colours. Is it white diamond or polar white? The coffee cup is a safety feature activated when you see it on the dash screen, basically it monitors your driving constantly by measuring 70 times a second collecting information of your driving style, holding the steering etc and should you feel tired, it will send you a warning to take a break, the steering wheel will also vibrate to get your attention. It happened to me once after driving on motorway for several hours... very clever I have to say.
nico2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #11
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone1 View Post
Hi Matt,

Looks a lovely example and exactly what I am after. Is this the car that Sterling had for sale?

Cheers Jules
Yes that's the one. He wouldn't budge on price either, said it was the cheapest '12 plate in the U.K. Which it was. I was hoping for a few more factory extras but overall really pleased.
Cyclone1 likes this.
Old 29-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #12
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: E 350 Bluetec 9 G Coupe.
Hi Matt, great car , welcome to the forum.
Peter103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #13
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico2014 View Post
Hi, Matt, you have got a beautiful amg monster and white is one of my best colours. Is it white diamond or polar white? The coffee cup is a safety feature activated when you see it on the dash screen, basically it monitors your driving constantly by measuring 70 times a second collecting information of your driving style, holding the steering etc and should you feel tired, it will send you a warning to take a break, the steering wheel will also vibrate to get your attention. It happened to me once after driving on motorway for several hours... very clever I have to say.
I see. Quite a good idea erm I'm not sure about the colour I think diamond. Again I'm new to MB so a complete novice. The paint job is like a beautiful pearlescent colour however the front and back bumpers are a more normal white. ....weird
Old 29-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #14
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2010 C180 Komp Sport (1.6) W204.
Gosh, that is so nice, congrats on finding a stunning example. .
Adrian5405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #15
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter103 View Post
Hi Matt, great car , welcome to the forum.
Cheers Pete. Nice motor in your avatar. What does 9G tronic mean?

Tags
amg, cls63, forum, member