Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > ------> Mercedes Performance > AMG Lounge
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

AMG Lounge
For the tuning of AMG Lorinser WALD Hamann Brabus Carlsson Vaeth Kleeman Renntech Mosselman Volstrom Weistec as well as Tuning and Eurocharged Mercedes remap

Like Tree6Likes

Old 24-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C43 AMG Premium Plus
C43 Service Plan

Hi guys,
I've been offered a service plan with the new arrival and wondered if any of you have one with MB or not? Basically 35-40 per month for your annual service, gives you 10% off parts and free courtesy car. No real saving I know but spreads the cost and I'd imagine the costs are similar to the one off service costs anyway?

What do you think??

Cheers
ShaneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2014 E220 CDI; 2015 SL400
I have service contracts on both our cars, it locks the price in for 3 years so no chance of an increase.

It's convenient and the numbers stacked up vs paying as you go.

I get the local dealership to pick our cars up rather than attend or get loaners, that's all part of the deal.
Red C220 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red C220 For This Useful Post:
GLK (25-12-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 24-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #3

Car: C43 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red C220 View Post
I have service contracts on both our cars, it locks the price in for 3 years so no chance of an increase.

It's convenient and the numbers stacked up vs paying as you go.

I get the local dealership to pick our cars up rather than attend or get loaners, that's all part of the deal.
+1

First time we've gone for a service plan, but made sense given MB parts and labour costs on the C43.
Tuono-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #4

Car: C63
Is it an annual service on a C43? That's quite poor!
abar121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by abar121
Is it an annual service on a C43? That's quite poor!
Have you actually ever priced up each service?

Service plans are cheap, cheaper than doing single upfront, roadside recovery is included in the price plus paint warranty

I don't like to repeat myself in here but - No brainer!
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ash59fifty-uk For This Useful Post:
GLK (25-12-2016)
Old 25-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash59fifty-uk View Post

Service plans are cheap, cheaper than doing single upfront, roadside recovery is included in the price plus paint warranty

I have and I have bought one for the C63. But, both the Porkers and M Beemrs (with tappet adjustment), only stipulate services every two years, obviously mileage dependant.

The yearly servicing is a big added cost with the C63, compounded by rip-off dealers and price fixing.
Old 25-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #7

Car: W204 C250 CGI AMG sportline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneyB View Post
Hi guys,
I've been offered a service plan with the new arrival and wondered if any of you have one with MB or not? Basically 35-40 per month for your annual service, gives you 10% off parts and free courtesy car. No real saving I know but spreads the cost and I'd imagine the costs are similar to the one off service costs anyway?

What do you think??

Cheers
....I Have a service plan for my C250 AMG Sportline.. locked in for 4 years thru the main dealer I bought the car from.. 1st class service, not unreasonable costs plus peace of mind......plus all kinds of other benefits as rgds running costs/warranty... I would at its a great idea rgds foxy52
foxy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #8

I do really like the look of the C43 AMG Coupe, I'm sure it's a lovely car.

It is a bit of a shame it's part of the AMG yearly servicing schedule though, especially given it's relatively unstressed engine. It'll certainly hurt the business lease costs.
Old 25-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: 2017 C63 Coupe
Quote:

Well said.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #10
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abar121
I have and I have bought one for the C63. But, both the Porkers and M Beemrs (with tappet adjustment), only stipulate services every two years, obviously mileage dependant. The yearly servicing is a big added cost with the C63, compounded by rip-off dealers and price fixing.
Would you want to go nearly two years without servicing a porker or an M/// though?
Old 25-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #11
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: BMW 530D M Sport
Quote:
Would you want to go nearly two years without servicing a porker or an M/// though?
Depends on the mileage I was doing, if say I did 8,000 a year then I would not see it needs a 500 service, if I was really protective then I would just change the oil once a year at an independent or myself then get it serviced every 2 as you do with a mileage dependent car

I feel it's a bit of a scam to service a car that's not done high mileage every year.

BMW don't need too so not sure why Merc do
JLR1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #12
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969
Depends on the mileage I was doing, if say I did 8,000 a year then I would not see it needs a 500 service, if I was really protective then I would just change the oil once a year at an independent or myself then get it serviced every 2 as you do with a mileage dependent car I feel it's a bit of a scam to service a car that's not done high mileage every year. BMW don't need too so not sure why Merc do
There's no AMG on the planet that I'd skip a service
Old 25-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #13
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
There's no AMG on the planet that I'd skip a service
You've totally missed the point.

A car that's done 8,000 miles for example in a year should not need a service. At most it should only need an oil change.

How much do Merc charge for an oil change
Old 25-10-2016, 08:46 PM   #14
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969
You've totally missed the point. A car that's done 8,000 miles for example in a year should not need a service. At most it should only need an oil change. How much do Merc charge for an oil change
I've not though have I, that's your opinion that it should not need a service. My opinion is that if I was to have an AMG, I wouldn't skip a service or any annual work scheduled

Also had I bought an AMG, I wouldn't be worrying about how much they charge for servicing items, lol

Mine does < 3000k a year, serviced like clockwork
Old 25-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #15
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
I've not though have I, that's your opinion that it should not need a service. My opinion is that if I was to have an AMG, I wouldn't skip a service or any annual work scheduled

Also had I bought an AMG, I wouldn't be worrying about how much they charge for servicing items, lol

Mine does < 3000k a year, serviced like clockwork
No one is worrying about cost but being charged for a service on a low mileage car is unnecessary. These are modern engines not F1 cars

As asked earlier why do Merc need servicing when BMW don't.

Last edited by JLR1969; 25-10-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Tags
c43, plan, service