Go Back   MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts > ------> Mercedes Performance > AMG Lounge
MBClub supports BEN Official Stickers @mbclubuk

AMG Lounge
For the tuning of AMG Lorinser WALD Hamann Brabus Carlsson Vaeth Kleeman Renntech Mosselman Volstrom Weistec as well as Tuning and Eurocharged Mercedes remap

Like Tree6Likes

Old 24-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #31
Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Car: C43 AMG Premium Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER200 View Post
I guess that illustrates my point as if you have paid -up front- then Mercedes can charge effectively what they like as they know you are already in credit and will probably not be too concerned at the cost as long as you have enough credit to cover the cost. Maybe the 10% of parts and FOC courtesy car is a bonus?
Don't think the courtesy car is all dealers. Mine isn't.
ShaneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #32
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C43 AMG Estate (01/17)
Assume Mercedes have a fixed charge tariff for servicing etc.. to make pricing crystal clear to customers?
DRIVER200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 24-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #33
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER200
Assume Mercedes have a fixed charge tariff for servicing etc.. to make pricing crystal clear to customers?
It's fixed with no raises, no surprises
ash59fifty-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #34
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Excuse my ignorance so when you take out a SP they tell you what each service will cost in advance eg. 1st service £400, 2nd £500 etc.. even though the 1st service could be 12 months down the road?
Old 24-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #35
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance so when you take out a SP they tell you what each service will cost in advance eg. 1st service £400, 2nd £500 etc.. even though the 1st service could be 12 months down the road?
Not sure where you're getting those prices from

As mentioned before ask at the dealership the price of the services, and ring up the service plan number and get the monthly cost, do the maths and then you'll see
Old 24-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #36
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

You have completely missed my point. I'm simply asking do Mercedes tell you in advance what your services' will cost when they offer you a Service Plan so that you can figure out for yourself if its worth it as not sure why they would expect you to phone and find out for yourself if they are offering you a service scheme. As for my figures they were just an example (eg..) and were not meant to resemble actual costs.

Last edited by DRIVER200; 24-12-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 24-12-2016, 08:09 PM   #37
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
You have completely missed my point. I'm simply asking do Mercedes tell you in advance what your services' will cost when they offer you a Service Plan so that you can figure out for yourself if its worth it as not sure why they would expect you to phone and find out for yourself if they are offering you a service scheme. As for my figures they were just an example (eg..) and were not meant to resemble actual costs.

It isn't Mercedes job to! There's a service calculator on their website for you to work it out yourself! Yes granted, the C43 is fairly new so I'm not sure if it could work out what a 2nd year service would be and price, but seriously what is stopping you from doing those two things? Asking at the service reception and calling a number??
Old 25-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #38
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Nothing is stopping me it's just that when I collect my car and the salesman offers me a Service Plan I expect him to know ALL the figures right there and then. Really can't explain any more than that as I don't see it as my job to phone around for prices when the dealership should have all this information to hand. Don't think I'm asking too much as they are the people trying to sell something to me not the other away around.
Old 25-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #39
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Quote:
Nothing is stopping me it's just that when I collect my car and the salesman offers me a Service Plan I expect him to know ALL the figures right there and then. Really can't explain any more than that as I don't see it as my job to phone around for prices when the dealership should have all this information to hand. Don't think I'm asking too much as they are the people trying to sell something to me not the other away around.
You could literally make two phone calls right now and have everything you need, it's not the dealership that sorts out a service plan it's a separate department. Definitely wouldn't be the salesman who hands it over
Old 25-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #40
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: ( )
Quote:
I guess that illustrates my point as if you have paid -up front- then Mercedes can charge effectively what they like as they know you are already in credit and will probably not be too concerned at the cost as long as you have enough credit to cover the cost. Maybe the 10% of parts and FOC courtesy car is a bonus?
Quote:
MBUK have a negotiated rate for labour from main dealers, the amount of labour for each service operation is pre-determined (regardless of how long it actually takes), and MBUK also set the cost price for OEM parts. The dealer invoices MBUK (or their agent) for the labour and parts.

This is all invisible to you if you take out a service plan or service contract, you simple pay the monthly payment for the agreed term. Warranty work is done on the same basis.

There is no incentive nor way of negotiating a deal, as you the customer are not invoiced for the service, MBUK (or their agent) is. Just like a new car warranty repair, you can't and don't negotiate as a customer, as you're not invoiced, MBUK (or their agent) is invoiced for warranty work.

With a service plan I would expect a courtesy car to be included, but enquire and know for sure before taking out the contract.

The salesman won't have a clue about accurate service costs, nor how much discount you could expect. Call the service department and ask, or as suggested yUse the online calculator
Bobby Dazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Dazzler For This Useful Post:
ash59fifty-uk (25-12-2016)
Old 25-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #41
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

^ this!
Old 25-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #42
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: CLS 350 CDI Sport - W218 with Full AMG Styling, Bentley Conti GT
Personally, I prefer pay as you go and loan car us always included free.

Dealeship I use actually give a decent discount anyway.....
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #43
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: E250 coupe
I prefer paying for the services when I have them. You can usually negotiate a reasonable discount, even more so if you supply your own oil. However some dealerships don't allow this and some will accept your oil but aren't keen. My local one however is really relaxed and will do whatever you ask

One service manager from a different dealership told me he'd use it but if anything happened to the engine, it's not his problem and doesn't want the hassle

What I'm not sure about is what happens if you sell your car. Say its been 6 months since your last service?

Also it's worth shopping around. !'ve been quoted anything from £189 to £315 for an oil service...

Last edited by supermonkeyman; 25-12-2016 at 02:50 PM.
supermonkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #44
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: C63 Saloon
Service plans are good value for years 3&4 to cover gearbox service and spark plugs.
RJ C63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #45
Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car: E350 CDi coupé, A150 (W169)
Part of the problem now that everything is online is that MB dealers appear to have set their servicing costs such that the service plan works out cheaper, or virtually the same but at a fixed price, than 'paying as you go'.

If your nearest dealers are all part of the same group, it's likely they might charge exactly the same for the same service/additional item. Mine do.

Some, if not all, dealers also offer their own plans which might be fractionally more expensive than MB's, but might offer additional items, for example free oil top-ups and/or free puncture repairs.

Of course, the dealers like them because people are locked-in to the dealer for the next 2,3 or 4 years. I presume that's an unintended consequence as, clearly, the real reason foir offering servicing contracts is to offer a cheaper option for the customer
tonysmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c43, plan, service